Thread: HELP, Irregular Luteal Phase!!!

Unhappy HELP, Irregular Luteal Phase!!!

Hi All,

I have been charting the past few months and FF came up the other day saying that my LP varies more than it should. I had Implanon taken out mid April, and the following cycle had a 9 day LP, followed by a 14 day LP. I am concerned that this may severly affect out TTC! I used to be so regular in cycle length, is is possible that I have always had a varying LP? what would you do?

O has been on day 20, day 13, and now day 17. Any suggestions? I want to be able to predict O day so we can TTC a boy.

Ali, when yoy come off BCP or things like implanon it can take three to four months for the body to settle down. You've got six months until you start trying, so what I suggest is leave it a few more and if there is still a lot of variation then focus on what you might be able to do to fix it. For now I'd say not to worry too much because you've still got time to work on it!
    *hugs*

Thanks Ash. We want to bring TTC forward and i have now been off BC for 3 months so we will see what averages we notice very soon. I guess that 2 more months will be a bit more accurate? I was just hoping to be able to tell before DH goes away. I am noticing a few things WRT my temp and AF though! My temp drops the day before AF in each cycle!

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Hmm, I remember a while back (2 years or so) i was reading on the Implanon info sheet that your cycles go back to normal as soon as implanon is removed. However this could be totally incorrect, maybe im just remembering the wrong info lol.
    I just found this (i really wanted to see if my memory was playing up or not)
    The contraceptive effect wears off very quickly when the implant is removed with most women returning to a normal menstrual cycle within a month. Some women have fallen pregnant a few days after the implant was removed.
    But i wouldnt go stressing, every womans body is different and react differently. What Ash has suggested is a great idea, give the next 3 or so months a go to see how things pan out.

Hi Ali,

As others have suggested it is probably just your body sorting itself out after the implanon and it may take a little time. As your O day is varying too, you also seems to have a variable follicular phase too - which can be perfectly normal, so don't worry!!

The follicular phase is the most variable phase of the cycle for any woman, so concentrate on that for the TTC. (LP is irrelevant for predicting O day!)

A variable LP is more indicative of how well you O'd and needs to be over 10 days to support a pregnancy - which is probably why FF pointed it out. Normal is between 11 and 16 days. Given that your second cycle had a 14 day LP everything seems perfectly fine for TTC - the shorter 9 day LP was probably as a result of not quite O'ing properly first time off implanon.

Wishing you heaps of blue baby dust!

TICKLISH