Thread: Hi everyone! Not yet TTC

Red face Hi everyone! Not yet TTC

Hi there,

I am new to this site and found it today when doing some reseach on conceiving. I am of work at home sick today with the flu and registered to this website cos it looks like fun!

I am 22 and recently married. My husband and i are planning to try for a baby. I have been on the pill for 9 years now as i suffered from cysts on my ovaries since i was young. The Yasmin pill has been awesome for me, i started it about 4-5 years ago! On the other pills i suffered heaps of terrible symptoms including painful heavy periods, occasional cysts, oily hair and skin and mood swings. Since being on the Yasmin pill i dont get any of these symptoms and feel awesome, however when i have run out of pill and went off for a little while between packs all these symptoms came back. So now that i am ready to come of the pill and start trying to conceive i was worried about this happening again.

My mum told me about this place down the Gold Coast. They make a special herbal remedy to help you concieve and make you more fertile. I decided to give it ago before i come of the pill. I take this herbal drink twice a day and in 2 weeks i will be off the pill ready to try for a baby. I have been taking this for 2 months now.
    Over the last month i have started taking my temp with a oral fertility digital thermometer. My temp have been all over the place. I was told they were suppose to be between 36 & 37. Some days mine is as low as 34 and others its 36. All of my low temps have been mostly when ive had my periods. Does anyone else get this???

I was just wondering if anyone had much probs falling pregnant after the pill?

And should i wait a couple of months after coming of the pill to start trying or just try asap??

Thanks for reading!!! Talk soon......

Last edited by Phteven; April 24th, 2008 at 03:21 PM. Reason: removing links - pls read forum guidelines

Hi Candy

I came off the pill at the end of Feb, I have had two normal cycles thankfully. Most people suggest you wait 3 months after coming off the pill to let your body normalise.

I would suggest keep taking your temp and see how you go.

Welcome to BB too

WBAM

Hi Candy,

I came off the pill 5 months before we started TTC as I wanted to allow enough time for my body to get back into sync. We conceived the very first month that we started trying. I also used the MaybeBaby which seemed to work for me

Good luck with your TTC

Hi Candy

I had 3 cycles off the pill and then started TTC #1 and became pregnant first go. We will start TTC#2 next month after 2 cycles off the pill.