Thread: Hormone testing

Default Hormone testing

Hi all

Quick question. My GYN has recommended that I test my hormone levels on a daily basis with a monitor. Still waiting to get the monitor from a Billings Method Teacher that he referred me to, but while I am waiting hope that someone out there may have gone through similar and could suggest other places where I could get this monitor. Any tips or advice on this testing would be great.

Cheers

I've never heard of it either, sorry Saffi. Sounds interesting though.

Hang on ... you're not talking about an ovulation monitor, e.g. Maybe Baby, which measures your levels of oestrogen in your saliva are you? I'm sure there are a few girls around who have used one of those, although I haven't.

Best of luck

I've never neard of it either, but would be interested to know a little more about it though. Did your dr tell you what sort of monitor is was

Thanks for getting back to me. No, I am pretty sure he wasn't talking about Maybe Baby, although he did ask what OPKs I was using. I did an online search and there are kits that test your estrodiol, progesterone etc from saliva. I think you collect samples and then send it away to be analysed. I was told to write down each day in the cycle what level I was, and Maybe Baby doesn't do that (does it?). Probably should have asked more questions!

Haven't heard back from the Billings lady either! :mad: I think if it had been something like Maybe Baby it would be easy to get and she would have just sent me to the chemist.

Oh well.