Thread: How long did it take to TTC #2?

mizzsocial Guest

Default How long did it take to TTC #2?

Hey ladies,

After a little pregnancy scare this month, my partner and I have decided, what the hell, lets TTC #2!! hehehe..

Just wondering if it usually takes longer to TTC#2, especially when my baby is only 6 months, and i have only been off the pill for 3 months??

Default reply

Hey mizzsocial, it only took me 3 months to conceive no# 2, so you'll have your hands full, with 2 under 2 LOL.

Good luck.xx O

After 3 years TTC for Olivia, it took only 2 months to TTC #2........and I am still in shock!!!

(I finished breastfeeding, & the next month got pregnant......& he is die in 5 weeks time.....so I will have Olivia at 16 months and a newborn....OMG....)

Hi - for us number one took three months and number two took ELEVEN MONTHS !!

I had trouble with my cycles after having an implanon taken out, plus I'm overweight and Nick smokes and bad stuff like that. We found when we stopped actively trying at the start of this year, we conceived three months later.

Barb.

No 1 took 8 months, 2 took 1 week!!! I would say it's to do with the men though, they're two different dads. Wow, you will have your hands full!! Very best of luck xoox

8-[ Accidental with 1st (& muchly loved), then atleast 14 months of actual TRYING & a M/C now I am due in 90 days with 2nd, and will be 6 years & 10 months between them!!!!

It took us 2 weeks after going off the pill to get a BFP !!!!! #1 was conceived relatively quickly too - very fertile i guess.

My dr told me when i was considering going off the pill it (on average) takes women 7 months to fall pregnant with their second - i guess im not in that average count !!!!!!!!

Fire Fly Guest

Took a month with DD, that was going straight off the pill too. #2 took 4 months and that was with a m/c a month before falling.

Everybody body's different though. Helps if you know when you ovulate.

Lee-Ann Guest

With my first it took 6 months after coming off the pill. With my second daughter I wasn't on the pill I was watching my cycles and as soon as we decided it was time for another bub I was already pg!!

With this third pg it took a lot longer, 15 months after a m/c and really trying, naturally the month we didn't try so hard I fell pg! But I thought my age might play a part in it taking so long.

kjorgo1 Guest

Number one took 6 months after coming off the pill. Number 2 happened first try (we only BD'd once as were trying Shettles method) but I had been off the pill for about 9 months because after number 1 the pill seemed to not agree with me.

jorja

I conceived 10 days after coming off the pill with Kameron

With Lachlan it took 4mths. 3 mths of actively trying.

Love

I don't know I'll tell you when it happens LOL! Seriously though, I don't think there is a rule as such, I think everyone is different some are lucky enough to just look at each other and others have to go the long haul like myself, or you have those in between. I really hope your TTC journey is a short one and you can be announcing from the roof tops in no time! Goodluck!

*hugs*
    Cailin

26 months for #1 and we're onto 2 months for #2 so far *sigh*

I hope #2 isnt far away for you Sarah!