Thread: How long does your AF usually last for?

Default How long does your AF usually last for?

Hi everyone,
    I'm a bit worried as since stopping the pill my AF has been much lighter and shorter than when on the pill and before I was on pill (9 years ago). This would normally be good news as it's far more convenient but I'm worried that it's not a normal AF.
    My AF is coming every 30 days or so but only lasts for 2-3 days and is reasonably light. I used to soak through tampons when on pill and back before the pill (sorry if TMI) but now I could use 1 tampon for the whole AF if I wanted!!!
    Can you please tell me if your AF is like this? Does it sound normal to you or should it be a bit heavier to be doing it's job!?

My AF usually lasts 3-5 days and is always light. Maybe coming off the pill just changed it somehow?

AF for me, usually last anywhere from 3-6 days. Sometimes it can be really light, other months it can be heavy, sometimes (TMI warning here) I can have lots and lots of clots and other months none at all.

Most times by about CD3, it has died down to spotting though.

Its a bit frustrating each month, as you don't know what to expect, but it is a whole lot better than it use to be for me.

Nic

AF usually lasts 3 days at a stretch for me. How heavy it is varies some months but usually it is very light.

I always find heavy for the first day then light for 2-3 more days and thats it. While on the pill it always dragged out a bit longer ...

daniellee Guest

My first day is spotting, second flooding, third spotting. Without fail!

lucysmummie Guest

Hi Beth Iam the same as you I was on the pill for bout 5years on and off when i felt like it and I came off it nearly 6 months agao and have REALLY light periods 2 cycles ago i had really light for a day and a half and in that time I had 1 hour of it being heavey! I use to have my AF for about 14 days when i was about 15 i think cause its been so long our bodies change and its not like we are developing still and stuff. I wouldn worry my doctor said its probabley just made it better being on the pill.

Kirsty77 Guest

My AF has been practically non exisitent since coming off the pill years ago.My doc said it probably was the pill that has affected it and the fact that I have pcos.My periods usually last 3 days IF I have them.

My AF lasts abou 4-6 days and is heavy for the first day (or two if she being mean)...

You need to remember that the pill is fake, and not your 'normal' cycle anyway... as long as your having regular cycles, don't stress just yet. Chat to you Dr or Community Helath Nurse if you are really concerned though...

My AF is normally 4-5 days. With the last 2 of those being very light.

It was the same length when I was on the pill but now there is more brighter red blood with lumpy globs (sorry TMI).

*TamaraP* Guest

My AF is normally about 3-4 days long. Normally heavy for one day and light the rest...