Thread: How long should we wait?

court79 Guest

Default How long should we wait?

Hi There,

We have been TTC for 12months with no luck . I am 27 and hubby is 29 and both in good health. I was wondering how long i should wait before going to see a doctor to make sure everything is normal

any ideas/suggestions?!?!!

The recommendation is usually around 12 months before you seek help, but seeing as how you have already been trying for that long, then I would go and see a doctor and he may be able to do some tests or refer you to someone who can help you. Good luck.

I would say to people to always chart using your BBT (and perhaps also CM) because if there is a delay in conceiving you have more of an idea if it is just being 'unlucky' and not catching the egg or if you are not ovulating (and it may help picking up other problems and become a valuable resource for a FS if the need arrises).

I went off the pill 4 months ago and have been charting my BBT from the start. I have not been ovulating and have not had a bleed at all in that time (apart from the withdrawl bleed after going off the pill). I went to my GP to get tested for PCOS as both my sisters have it and with no ovulation I thought I could to... I do. So after only 4 months of 'trying' (more like waiting to ovulate) I now have been referred to Repromed and have an appointment at the start of August. I am really glad I asked for some assistance as I knew there was something that wasnt right and I didnt want to wait and waste that 12 months as I knew something wasnt right.

Dont delay seeking help!

I would most definetely got to the GP to get some preliminary test done. It's better to know where you stand and if it is just a case of bad timing or something else.

Hoping you're already PG so you don't have to worry about it.

Dan

octavian Guest

I agree with everyone else - go and find out what's going on as it's now been a year, but here's hoping it all works naturally for you ASAP!... positive baby thoughts coming your way over the internet.....

court79 Guest

thanks for all of your thoughts/suggetions...unfortunately it want not our turn this month again.but remaining fairly positive regardless. Looks like it is off to the doctor for me to get checked out.. Will let you know how i go, and it is very comforting to know that there are so many supportive people out there to help us through whatever the news may be!! Thanks Guys!!!