Thread: How long for things to get back to normal after pill??

Default How long for things to get back to normal after pill??

Hi All

I came off the pill (Dianette) 2.5 months ago and I have yet to have AF. I have been trying to chart (temp/Cm etc) as well but have not detected O either. Does anyone know how long, on average, it takes before you start ovulating again?? It is all a little disheartening when EVERYONE (I kid you not) around me has announced they are pregnant within the last few weeks and I can't even start TTC cos my hormones seem to have gone into hiding!!

Help!!

Thanks
    Julia

Oh bummer Julia. When i came off the pill after 7 years things went back to normal straight away and DD1 was concieved within 3 months.

Fingers crossed it all happens soon for you *Hugs*

Hi w33blegurl - I am not a good example for you. Went off the pill .... around 17 months ago and still NO BL**DY AF.
    I think I have problems with my FSH levels though (although I used to get AF prior to going on the pill, so I know that my body CAN do it). I've been through a lot of stress previously and currently, so I think that is related to it.

I think they say the *average* is 6 mths....

Hi there, when i went off the pill i had my first af at 5 weeks.

For some people they go straight back to normal and they say you can be extremely fertile after coming off the pill too. Didnt work for me though.

have you seen your gp about it? they might be able to advise you on the best path to follow.

Good Luck. It's not often that i wish someone to get af! lol

You too Mrs P

Thanks guys. I think I have decided to get Christmas over and done with - we are also moving house so the stress probably isnt really helping - and then go and see the GP if AF still not arrived. Things were always a bit irregular before I went on the pill but it was all in working order so I know my body is capable!

It's just sooo frustrating!!

4 months for me, we just didn't worry about any detecting O or CM watching or anything until after my cycle returned. Then we watched to see how long each cycle would be. Try not to get too obsessed and focussed on things at the moment, just wait it out and once your cycle returns, then start thinking about watching for O and checking CM.