Thread: how long will it take for HGC to go bact to normal

Default how long will it take for HGC to go bact to normal

I has been over 2 weeks since my d&c and i got my levels checked to see if they have gone back 0 , but they are still at 100 is this normal?

Hey bettyboop - sorry to hear about your m/c. Apparently when you are not pregnant your hcg should be 5 or less. But I guess everyone's body takes a different amount of time to return to less than 5. Given that it's only been two weeks then things may be progressing ok but it just may take a little longer to get back to 'normal'. Have you been told to go for another test in a week or so? From memory my body took a little over two weeks to return to less than 5.

Hope this helps.

Hi Bettyboop,

I had a D&C 6 weeks ago now and O'ed 4 weeks to the day after it. I never had HCG levels checked, but would assume that it took at least 3 (maybe closer to 4?) weeks for my HCG to return to 0. I know how hard it is waiting :hugs: but hang in there for another couple of weeks and I'm sure your levels will be back to 0. I'm so sorry for your loss

thanks for the replies, i am worried there is something left and i want my bodie to be back to normal ASAP so we can try again soon.

Hey betty boop - if you are still worried that there is something there then ask to go for another blood test so you can be sure. Don't sit and stress over it because that will get you nowhere, believe me I've spent so much time stressing over things and it's like taking one step forward & 2 steps backwards. Sometimes doctors aren't that forthcoming with info or tests either so you may need to be a little firmer with the doc. I always say to trust your gut instinct. Good luck, am sure things will be back to normal real soon & you'll have that BFP before you know it.

I ahve had another HCG done and will find out tomorrow the results i hope they have gone down, i have been so tied this week, did a preg test and got a positive so must mean my levels are not right back down. I fell like this is not over till they go back to 0.

still waiting , rang docs some bloods are back and my iron is ok but my HCG is not back yet.

hun, i hope it is down again so you can move on. xx

hcg levels are now at 40 going down very slow, still trying to get hold of the doc.

hun, i read today it can take 4-6 weeks for HCG levels to go down after a m/c so you are on your way there sweetie. how do you feel? xx