Thread: How many tests can you get done in a day?

Default How many tests can you get done in a day?

I've gotta get all the tests done now, to try and find out why I keep miscarrying. Most of them are blood tests, these are the ones I remember -

Glucose tolerance test
    Blood grouping
    Chromosome analysis
    Thyroid levels
    Liver function
    Hormone levels

Would it be possible to get all of these done at the same time? I know the GTT will take a few hours, but for the rest, would they be able to take enough blood at once for all the tests?

I know it sounds kinda slack, but I really do hate needles, they make me panic. Plus working fulltime makes it very difficult, I'd rather book a whole day off work and get it all done ITMS.

Any and all help/suggestions welcome

For the blood tests, they just do one needle and use lots of vials ITMS. When they have enough blood for each test they remove the vial and replace it with a new one. The only difference is the GTT as they need to take blood at the start then after one hour then after the second hour.

So yes - you can get them all at the same time.

HTH

ETA They like to have an appt for the GTT. Usually they will make it for the morning as you need to fast.

You should be able to get them all or most done at once. Just drink lots of water so you're not dehydrated before going in. I've had a bunch of testing done after a m/c and they took 10 vials of blood.

With testing hormones, it depends on what they're testing as to when you get it done. There's the CD3 test that measures your estrogen and FSH levels and there's the CD21 (should be 7DPO) test that measures progesterone and other things.

Just a note - most of these tests can be bulk billed, but some aren't and can be exxy. We paid over $400 each for karotyping tests (chromosone analysis). Also, if you're getting chromosone anaylsis, your partner should too.

I'd also include in there tests for autoimmune issues. I forget what they're called - ANA? or AMA? There's also a test for killer cells, but I've not had that and don't know what's involved (it's where the woman's cells kills of the man's sperm).

Yeah, DH is getting the analysis, blood grouping and a sperm analysis as well. Didn't even think about how much it would cost, I guess I assumed it'd all be bulk billed As for the hormone test, I have no idea where my cycle is because its all over the place, so I wouldn't be able able to tell them if I'm CD3 or CD300, I think that one is testing the testosterone levels for a possible NCCAH diagnosis. TBH, I'd prefer to just be in hospital for a couple of days, let 'em do all these tests and while they're at it, cut me open and have a look, scrape out all the flamin cysts that hurt so much, and start afresh from there. But you know, I'm only the patient