Thread: How much water

Default How much water

I have heard that you are supposed to drink a lot of water while tTC/ early stages. Is this true? If so how much is a lot? I usually drink about 1.5-2L/ day, possibly more. Are diet soft drinks/mineral waters ok occassionally?

Thanks

Hi Luey,
    I have heard that you should drink 8 glasses of water a day (which I think is equivalent to 2 litres). I am not sure about the soft drink though but I can't imagine it would be a problem.
    Good luck with TTC.
    SAM

Hi Luey

The sugar in soft drinks will dehydrate the water you have consumed so best to cut these out (or at least only drink a can a day if possible). If you cant bear the thought of cutting out soft drinks, try to drink an extra glass of water per can of drink to counteract the dehydration.

Thanks for that, I only rarely have soft drink. More often it is diet mineral water or diet soft drink. Occassionally it is full sugar. I mainly drink water, I just wasn't sure if you were supposed to drink more while TTC. Will only be a real issue with more soft drinks when we go out and I can't drink alcohol . I will have to drink something "nice" than plain water all night.