Thread: HPT Recommendations?

Default HPT Recommendations?

Hi Ladies,
    Was wondering what peoples thoughts were on the best HPTs? They are so expensive, I don't want to waste money buying the not so good ones!

Im not sure what i used..think it was called Clearblue or something like that. As long as it gave me a BFP i was happy...and it did

I have heard clear blue are good... I used Fortel i think yes it was it gave me a BFP at 15dpo... They are expensive it sucks..

richdi40 Guest

I would try eBay for some generic brands of Answer (Discover in Australia) or Frer (First Response), they r both great brands. Ebay has some cheaper generic versions of these brands and they work just as well.

Clearblue Digi is fantastic (also available off eBay) and Fortel r also great for detecting early pg'y, as they pick up 10 miU (sp)

I love Crystal Clear I think you can only get them from the chemst. You can test 7-10days before AF is due and I have only ever gotten BFP when I was actually pg no shadowy lines even hours later when you pluck them out of the garbage. I got a faint (but def) pos this time around at about 10-11dpo

clare076 Guest

I usually start testing using fortel because you can pick them up from the supermarket for around $8 for 3. (I usually start testing around 8DPO, but I have an addiction ) As I approach testing day I usually swap to confirm clearly or crystal clear.

I've had a couple of VERY faint false positives with Fortel Ultra so I have been staying away from them. Haven't yet gotten a BFP yet so I can't recommend any at this point :-)

I used AssurancePlus+ this time round and got a definate +ve at 12dpo. They are expensive though at $19.95 for a 2 pack which I got from the chemist. But you can get them in a single. I got those ones cause I know they work.

For me - I love the Clearblue Digital. No second guessing if it's positive or not!