Thread: I am not sure when to BD?

Jenny Guest

Default I am not sure when to BD?

I am really confused!
    I have a standard 29/30 day cycle.
    I get very clear Ovulation pain.
    I am pretty sure I ovulate between CD 12-14 (been using Maybe baby)
    When should I BD? There seems to be no consistent advice.
    Do people just BD once per day? I have been told in your O window you should BD both morning and night?
    I really want to get pregnant this month......
    Your advice would be appreciated guys!

There are many different ideas about and I'm not sure which is the right one to follow now. Some say not to BD every day, this lowers the amount of sperm in the semen so do it every 2nd day, but then some say it is OK to BD every day because the sperm replentishes in time. Then there are also if you want a girl, BD a few days before O then stop and for a boy, O right on O and every day after that. So when is O day?

Jenny Guest

Thanks Sherie,
    I think 0 day is CD14. I am still trying to get use to maybe baby.
    So should I BD on say CD 10/12/14/16 just to make sure I catch the egg?

I think so, sperm can last in there for up to 4-5 days, so in theory you should catch the egg by doing it every 2nd day. I have realised with my cycles though, that I get EWCM in the 3 days preceeding O and mild cramping, but on O day I have slightly sticky CM and really bad pains.

It possible wont hurt to keep BD well after O too, JIC.

Jenny Guest

Thank you so much! I also bought some pre-seed so will use this aswell.
    Thanks again

All the best Jenny!

We used pre-sed last cycle...it was great...and I'm sure combined with the clomid, helped with the BFP!!!

Jenny,
    As Sherie said there is so MUCH advice out there.
    I recently read (actually it wasn't that recent but it was this year!) in a medical journal that when TTC it is adviseable to have frequent intercourse throughout the entire month. It is important to be having intercourse a few times a week prior to intercourse and if there are no sperm count issues daily for the few days around ovulation.
    Sperm needs to be fresh and motile to be affective at penetrating that egg. If you are certain that you ovulate on cd14 I would be getting jiggy with it from cd12 through to cd16 daily.
    I hope you catch that egg this month!

Jenny Guest

Thanks Monnie and Flowerchild.
    Sounds like I better rest up for a busy week next week!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerchild View Post
    I recently read (actually it wasn't that recent but it was this year!) in a medical journal that when TTC it is adviseable to have frequent intercourse throughout the entire month.
    Oh goss, im buggered at just trying to DTD before Oing, let alone the whole cycle:eek:

What this is meaning Summer is that sperm need to not be "stored". Sperm are fragile and can be damaged. If the sperm is released and then new sperm are at the ready it makes pregnancy more likely. Many people go for it like rabbits at ovulation time and then don't have sex very often until ovulation again. The idea is to aim for intercourse about 3 times a week throughout your cycle and then daily providing there are no sperm count issuesat your fertile time.

Jenny - I had a 30 day cycle too, last month we bd a fair bit, every second day leading up to O and then every day between CD12-15, and then once on CD's 17 and 19. So not sure when we caught the eggy, but somewhere in all that - we did!

Best of Luck, hoping you get that bfp!

Jenny Guest

Geez, thanks everyone for the excellent information. I will have to chat with partner tonight and tell him to get his BD boots on! Thanks for all your help on this matter. I really appreciate it.

Goodluck jenny

I'll keep my eye out for your pg announcement