Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I dont know what up with my body!!!

Angry I dont know what up with my body!!!

Hi gals,

I have not posted for about a week or so now i think, well i still havent had AF. So i had some blood tests done at the hospital one on thursday and another on saturday, they both came back undetectable. So it looks like im not PG. However im soooo confused, i feel pregnant, i look pregnant and NO AF. What on earth is going on with my body, because i dont have a clue. My councellor says that its very unlikely to be pregnant and it not show on blood tests. So i have been refered back to gyny. Im hoping they will do a scan next week when i have my appointment because im going out of my mind. I dont know why but even though the tests so far have come back neg, inside still i think i am. This the first time ever in my whole life that i havent got my period and i have now missed 2 AF's.
    But i have heard of women out there that have been pregnant and it not come up on any tests apart from a u/s. I am so so so bloated, that im sure when my gyny consultant see's me she will recognise the difference im my appearance since the last time i saw her which was six months ago when i came off the clomiphene. I was on the clomiphene for 12 months at 50mg. I had follicle tracking and there was no sign of any problems with my overies such as pcos. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
    Sorry im venting here. Its just horrible when your body is telling you one thing yet tests are saying another. I swear im gonna end up pulling my hair out....
    thanks gals for listening to my gabble.
    Any input as usual will be a god send.
    georgette

Sorry I don't have any advice to give you. But I just wanted you to know I'm listening! I sure hope you can get a BFP sometime soon! Keep us updated.

I'll keep those fingers crossed that you can figure out what's going on with your body.

Hugs,

I don't have any input either but just wanted to let you know that I sympathize with your frustration. I hope the scan shows you are indeed PG!. Good luck

Default thanks

thanks for reading m post, its all doing my head in now.. im so sure im pregnant, yet all tests so far are trying to tell me different. To be honest we wasnt exactly ttc coz we r on waiting list for ivf, so its not like i have thought myself into this false pregnancy lark. I didnt even realise i was late for AF untill i was a week late.... grrrr. im gonna try and post a pic for all the gals to see my belly coz i cant explain this bloating and other way..
    georgette

Unhappy here are the pics.....

to moderators... i hope you allow these links, they are not to a website they are some photos from my photobucket...

gals... see what you think, its doing my head in, bear in mind im normally a size 8-10
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...Picture014.jpg
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...Picture012.jpg

thanks, as always any input!!!
    georgette
    Last edited by Rouge; April 28th, 2007 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Changed Images to links as Images are not permitted.

Georgette you are definitely not imagining it! I hope you get your answers soon, would it be worth jumping up and down until you can get an ultrasound done??

For obvious bloating that is new they should definately check things out. Thinking of you and hoping you get the answers you are after

zen2 Guest

you might be bloated form the missed periods??? I was the same, regular like clockwork except for one time when I broke up with my boyfriend at the time and I was 3 weeks late. I miss a period when I'm stressed. I'd get the ultrasound if I could. The stick tests always came back negative (even when I was pregnant) but he blood tests were right. But they can always make a mistake in the lab. Good luck, it does sound really frustrating!!!!

I think it is very unusually for someone to miss to AFs & then have two negative BT but still be pg. That said, I have read elsewhere on the net of a woman doing 4 stick tests and I think 4 blood tests before she showed up as pg at 12 weeks.... so I guess that it is possible.

Go get the ultrasound. I think there may be something else going on there. There are lots of other reasons for AF stopping and for your stomach to bloat like this.

I know fibroids can cause the stomach to look like this and i think they can also interfere with your cycle as well. If it's that it will show in the ultrasound. It could also be a hysterical pregnancy but that's extremely rare, so not likely.

Hi there , hope you get some answers soon.

Wow, that isn't normal! I hope you do get an ultrasound soon, that sounds like the best option for you right now. Even if you aren't pregnant you need to find out what's going on, I can't believe your doctors haven't ordered you one yet!

CatherineL Guest

I agree that it's quite unlikely for a BT to be negative but still be preggers, unless there is some mistake in the lab..

I was told by my doctor BT pick up ANY hcg in the blood, where as stick tests usually only test for above a certain amount of hcg. I could be wrong, but you said you missed two periods? that would make you 8 weeks.. i don't think you would be that big from 8 weeks.. i am 15 weeks and i still have a flat tum with two gestational sacs, but then again everyone is different.

BTW - fingers crossed for you though!

Hi georgette
    I think that you should definitely get an ultrasound done!
    Good Luck with it all
    SAM

Hey Georgette

I've been wondering how you've been going....you poor thing...the confusion must be so difficult...your body saying one thing and tests saying another...and I know you're not a novice to the whole TTC thing either...

Just to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers...I truly hope you get some answers soon...

Take care...

Default are you ok

Hope all is ok , we all hope to here from you soon.

Hi all is the same at the moment, i have an appoinment on tuesday the 1st am. im hoping they book me in for a u/s. i will let you know what happens. i been getting severe heart burn every 5 minutes for the last four days, i hope its a good sign.... im hoping that a scan will show a pregnancy, because i dont think i can cope with any more problems and set backs, its already holding up my ivf, because my notes have been shifting all round the hospital, so my referal still hasnt been sent... grrrrr.
    thanks for checking up, its means alot.
    from georgette

I'll be checking Tuesday afternoon to see how you get on, Georgette - I really hope it's good news for you.

Hey Georgette

Wishing you all the very best for Tuesday...

Take care chickie!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast