Thread: i dont understand CM....

Default i dont understand CM....

most months i have little if any CM around O time. some months i have loads all cycle. i definitely O (as i am regularly scanned and have BTs). in fact i had 4 follicles this month with one dominant one at 22mm.

i am currently 21 DPO and have heaps of really creamy white CM, sort of a bit chunky IYKWIM.

does this have any significance at 21 DPO? i am hopeless at understanding CM and mostly i ignore it.

Do you mean CD 21??
    I think it would be a good sign if you don't usually get it
    Also, check out the thread on pre-seed.

Sorry darl, can't really help but I think creamy CM is common when your pg??

What is your normal cycle length?? Around the time of ovulation there should be slippery mucous. TMI but when you wipe you will usually find some - even a very small amount. Mucous changes to a drier consistency (can be thicker and creamier) after ovulation but you can also get increased creamy mucous with pregnancy. Information on the Billings method (a technique for contraception but the reverse works as well to see when you are most fertile) will help you try to sort out the mucous signs. Some women never have much obvious mucous and still fall pregnant so the volume is not necessarily an indicator but it does help you to figure out when to DTD

im on CD 30 & have lots of creamy chunky CM like you describe. I was expecting af on Tuesday but nothing but kep getting BFN's. Hope its a good sign for both of us.

whoops!! sara-jane i am CD21 and about 5-6 DPO with a normal cycle of about 31 days.

right on O i had very little CM but cervix was soft and open and i had 4 follies on the scan.

will go look for pre-seed thread....
    3+ yr ttc and still can't work out the whole CM business

GL fiona!

Dusty at 5-6dpo the creamy chunky cm sounds pretty normal. It goes creamy after O and then is pretty hostile to sperm. I usually get the creamy stuff anywhere up to 12dpo then if i'm not pg it goes a bit more watery before AF. I just check for the creamy stuff after O then i know my "fertile wondow" is over.

Your cm is normal! lol

excellent thanks kristy! gotta get some of that pre-seed for all natural cycles from now on. can't believe i had never heard of it. i read a book the other day with a chapter on the Physics of Sex and it talks all about the problems the sperm has in reaching the eggs because of mucus barriers. fascinating stuff!

Dusty if you drink a lot of water you can increase CM too,

Fertile CM can also be achieved by having triple the dose of evening primrose oil capsules. I tried it mid last year and it worked on the first cycle I used it on (resulted in m/c). With this one I just saw one blob of it the day before O (didn't use EPO) and here I am at 16 weeks so you could have it and not even notice it. If your CM pattern is different to normal at CD21 it could be a good sign. I hope so.