Thread: I need to vent!

Angry I need to vent!

I needed a place to vent so I hope you guys don't mind me doing this here. TTC shouldn't be so hard. This is the biggest emotional roller coaster I have ever been on. Everybody says to me don't worry about it but that is a little bit hard when it is the only thing on your mind. I am currently in my TWW which I must say is always the longest two weeks of my life but my temp went below my cover line this morning I think this is the reason I need to vent. Last night my SIL came over to visit and as soon as she asked me how I was feeling I burst into tears. I feel like a sook for getting upset but I just can't help myself.

I am currently on my 4th round of clomid but after my tamp drop this morning I think this will be another unsuccesful cycle. My worry is my OB/GYN told me that she would only leave me on clomid for 6 cycles. For those that have been there what is the next step if the clomid doesn't work?

Thanks for letting me have an outlet to get all of my emotions out. My DH is really supportive but it is just not the same as being able to talk about it with women who are experiencing or have experienced the same thing.

Kate,

Firstly a big big hug to you.

It is an emotional rollercoaster when you are TTC, especially the TWW and you're not a sook. (Lots of things set me off too) You 'do your head in' waiting for AF to show, monitoring your temps, waiting, waiting, waiting.......... I completely understand and my DH cops it all, just like your SIL did..... it is a very normal when you want something so much that seems to be taking forever and is sooo hard. I remember when I was younger, concerned with not getting pg, jeez I shouldn't have worried cos TTC is so much harder.

I can't answer your clomid q.... but there will be many of the lovely ladies in here that can.

Good luck, I hope the drop in your temp is a 'glitch' and you get a BFP and go on to a H & H pg.

Keep us informed.

perthmum Guest

Hey Kate

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down, the tww is so hard at the best of times let alone when you feel you have a time limit for ttc. All I can offer is to stay + and keep hoping. I got a BFN this morning but I'm only 11DPO so I'm going to keep hoping until that dreaded AF arrives!!

I wish you all the best!

Aussie_Chik Guest

Hi ktgirl

I know exactly how you feel. I am on my 7th cycle of TTC and have gone from feeling excited about TTC to upset, to angry, to helpless etc. etc... Now I am in that state of acceptance that it's just not easy for us and could take some time. At times I feel I'm almost over it and if it was any other thing I'd have thrown the towel in by now. I've got a script for clomid or FSH injections waiting to be made up, I've held off this cycle to give it some thought.

Anyway, in regards to "what's the next step" I think some of the lovely ladies in assisted conception can help out more than me but, depending on your situation your dr may recommned FSH injections with/without IUI. There's alos a lot of other "procedures" depending on your situation. Maybe try and find out why clomid didn't work. Are you having regular BT's and u/s each cycle. Clomid can affect the endometrial lining and CM so tests for these would be good to dtermine if it's a factor for you.

Best of Luck!

12bliss Guest

i hope you feeling better soon too! I often get down - more this cycle (it was my first cycle of clomid) AND i thought maybe we had a good chance,.. i still dont know (i am 8DPO) but i have been a little depressed this month, i wih i could tell you how not to be upset but i spose all we can really do is keep our heads high and keep trying..... i wish the men could take on our load and we could be the "listeners". Cheer up girl... Its gonna happen!

Thanks ladies. It helps to know that the support is there when I need it. Time will tell what is happening and I know I just need to hang in there sometimes it all just gets too hard. I hope that you all get your BFP very soon.

Just remember that one temp below the coverline doesn't mean anything by itself. Keep your chin up and think positively as you can. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you for a BFP.

Hugs and best wishes,
    A

*Hugz* Kate As Adele said one temp below the coverline doesnt matter.
    TTC is so stressful and i look back now and think i tried so hard not to get pregnant! Why did i used to stress myself then, now its soo stressful trying to fall pregnant.

Good Luck xoxoox

its alaways hard when poeople thinbk they are saying teh right thing but arent. It is vitually impossilbe to think not think of TTC when yuor oin the midst of it. HGang in there and hoipe ytou get your BFP very very soon.

Hey ladies,

Temp is way down this morning but today I feel ok with it. Must be this PMS one day I can't stop the tears the next minute I am fine. I guess I am now more in the mind frame that AF will show up soon and the sooner the better so we can start a fresh month. A friends Nan knitted me some yellow booties last week so maybe they will be our lucky charm this new cycle.

LOL Sunny Summer and Joolshere. I know what you mean about when we used to worry about falling pregnant. My DH when we were younger used to freak out if AF was late but now we laugh that we worried so much and look at us now.

For the girls that are waiting to test I am that you get your BFP this month.

Thanks again for your support.

Hi Kate - just wanted to jump in too to wish u all the best. I really hope that u get ur soon.