Thread: I take it back!

Default I take it back!

We have had to put off TTC for a while.

I have had a sore throat for a few days and noticed when I was rubbing my neck that I have a really big lump in my neck. thought it was just related to my sore throat, a swollen gland or something.

Went to dr. and she did not know what it was, aside from I had a viral infection (nothing to do with the lump) and sent me for an ultrasound so i had that today. There is a massive lump in my left thyroid, a bit bigger than the size of a golf ball. They suggested that I have a biopsy then and there which I did. Was quite painful and my neck is still sore. Not a nice experience at all.

I get the results back friday. Am a bit of a mess at the moment, I cant believe that I am sitting here typing that I have just had a biopsy, I am terrified.

Caryn Guest

Hi Mim,
    I am so sorry for your horrible experience. I can only imagine how it must have hurt. I hope your infection clears up quickly and the lump is incedental
    Take care of yourself girl!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh Min, how scary for you. I too hope your infection clears up quickly and that the lump is nothing serious.

Take care

Awww Min, so sorry to hear you are going through this.
    I hope the results come back clear!!

Thinking of you

Tanya

Hi Min, thinking of you and hoping for a good result from the tests. I had a similar thing happen to me about 18 months ago - one big lump came up on my neck and freaked me out - it turned out I was having a (very!) bad reaction to an MMR immunisation I'd had earlier, and actually ended up really sick for a few weeks - thankfully recovered fine.

Take good care.

Marg

Kirsty77 Guest

Min your in my thoughts sweets.Take care of yourself hun.

Min, best of luck for today hon! Hope all of the results come back clear; and remember we will all be here to support you no matter what the result!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

How did you go today min? I hope it wasn't all bad news

thanks everyone. got the results from the biopsy back and they are bloody inconclusive! so now i have to have a blood test and another scan where they inject me with some liquid and it shows if the area is hot or cold, i think it was if cold then it is malignant, if not then it is benign. apparently most likely pointing to benign, but not definate and i just need to hear those words, i dont care about the most likely's.

at the moment i am not allowed to TTC for another 3 months. i feel pretty hopeless.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh bloody hell. You poor thing, how sucky that you have to wait even longer. Praying that it's cold, good luck

God damn Doctors!!!!!

So sorry hun, hope you're doing okish, I'm thinking of you.xx

Hugs Min. I hope it all gets sorted out quickly.

rarmalb Guest

(hug) I hope that you get answers soon.

Take care,

R

thanks for all the replies, sorry, havent had time to scratch myself!

i feel like a bloody pin cushion, my arm is still al bruised from all the needles, i look like a druggie! went to Dr today for scan and blood test results. basically they are still inconclusive. the blood test results were fine, so the actual thyroid itself is functioning normally and the lump showed up as a cold nodule. apparently 10 - 15% of cold nodules are malignant, so that is not what i wanted to hear. i have to go for another biopsy by a surgeon this time, am not looking forward to it, it hurt so much.

feeling pretty low, what is worse is that i cannot get into the surgeon until 22nd march, so we have to stew on it all this time!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh Min, I am so sorry that you still don't have any answers and that this is all taking too long I hope that time goes by really quickly and that the biopsy shows a benign lump