Thread: Implanon and ttc?

Default Implanon and ttc?

Hi,

I've had the implanon in for about 5 months. We're planning on TTC in September this year. How long should i be off the implanon before TTC?

They say you can straight away, I got mine out and pg a month or so after but had a m/c- don't think the implanon had anything to do with it though.

Once Implanon is removed, the hormones are gone and you would probably get AF afew days later. Once you have had a good red AF your body would be completly back to normal.

In theory you can remove Implanon return to a normal cycle immediately and conceive, which is what happened to my sister. On the other hand, I have been off Implanon for 10 months and have been TTC all that time. I was speaking to a dr the other day and they said it can, in some cases, take a while for your hormones to get back to normal after Implanon. I had a 21 day cycle for the first 5 months off Implanon and am now out to 25 days.

Best of luck.

MY OB told me I'd be fertile straight away and I have a friend who did conceive within weeks of having it out. She never had AF.

I had my implanon removed 18th of Feb, Had some spotting on 13th of May, then a "proper" AF on the 14th of April. Fingers crossed this for this cycle. I think I was a 31day cycle before implanon. So long ago I can't remember. I had implanon (2 of them) for about 5 years and 4 months.

Just remember everyone is different, you may fall straight away or it may take a few months, but it may have taken that amount of time without coming off implanon anyway.