Thread: Implantation Bleed?

Default Implantation Bleed?

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you could give me any information about implantation bleeding?

This morning, DW woke up with strong abdominal cramping and bleeding; we had a faint positive HPT about a week ago, and we estimate around 5 weeks preognant via the date of LMP. Since then she has had some light bleeding.

Are we too late for this to be an implantation bleed? And I've also heard that some women experience a light break-through bleed around the time their period would have been due after conception. Anyone else experienced this?

Just looking for some reassurance...

Unfortunately if she's cramping AND bleeding then she might be miscarrying. I'd get her off to the drs to have an u/s. I have had bleeding in early pregnancy (6 weeks) that resulted in my very healthy ds but i didn't have cramping. I only experienced cramping when i had my miscarriage.

the cramping and bleeding is no good.
    unfortunately if you go to a dr be prepared they may just say.. will have to wait and see.

but in saying this...

i have bright red / brown bleeding from week 3-6 which they called implanation bleeding. The dildo cam (internal u/s) at 6 weeks showed where i was still bleeding from the wall but bub and sac were fine.... ( i had no cramps thou)

the waiting game sucks and i hope all works out ok

With DS2 and DD I had light bleeding around the time my period was due and after about 48 hours of very very light bleeding it stopped and I went on to have healthy pregnancies. I didnt have any cramping but have heard of many who have.

Wishing you and your DW all the best.

I had cramping and brown bleeding from 5w to 6w4d. I went to the GP who did an internal and it showed the cervix was closed, then had blood tests and internal u/s a week apart for comparison. Fortunately the second one showed a blob with a heartbeat that was progressing and my HCG levels had risen appropriately. Coincidentally morning sickness kicked in the day of the 2nd u/s and hasn't left! I am waiting for my 1st OB appoitment next week for the next u/s and hoping that everything is ok.

I would recommend going straight to the GP and getting them to do the full check.

Hey Michael, sorry, I don't have an answer, but I wanted to wish you and your DW all the best. Hope this is just a bit of a scare that will soon pass.

With DS2 i had bleeding and spotting - at about 8ws. With my angel I started to spot at 7w6days, went into bleeding and by 8w2d severe cramping and bleeding that ending with a m/c. I would head off to the doctors or emergency. Cramping doesn't sound good. Sorry. Hoping for you that everything turns out good.