Thread: Light AF and TTC

Snoodles Guest

Default Light AF and TTC

I have been off BCP for 18 months and my cycles have started to regulate lately down to about 35-36 days on average and I am temping (and have had b/w on some cycles) so I'm sure I am O'ing but I am still not getting proper AF, often just 4-5 days of what I would call spotting/very light AF discharge at most.

If I am O'ing then its not annovulatory bleeding, so I would presume I can still get pg, but just not sure if it would mean my lining is not right to be able to sustain a pg...? (I got pg and had a very early m/c in May last year...not sure if this would have had anything to do with it??)

Has anyone had this and/or know if this might be an issue in TTC??

I've had a similar problem though it was a one off for me last month. I went to the doc's for a blood test to see if maybe it was a BFP that didn't show up when I POAS but alas no. The doctor wasn't too concerned and said that a bleed was a bleed and she was ok with that and not concerned for our TTC progress. Unfortunately I can't say anything beyond that because I'm now back in the TWW again and hoping for 'something' positive in a bit over a week!

Sorry I can't help more than that but good luck, I hope you get your BFP really soon!

I have always had very light AF, lasting 2-3 days (most of which is spotting). I have been TTC for 27 months now and am undergoing IVF. I have mentioned this to my GP and FS and they dont see it as a problem. When they did an ultrasound they said my lining was perfect so I don't really know. It can't hurt to speak to your doctor about it though. Sorry I don't really have any advice other for you, but you're definitely not alone.

Coming off the pill my AF was fairly light, only 2-3 days of it being light then 2-3 days of spotting. But I got pg on what I think was my lightest AF.. so I dont really think that it is an issue

BecA Guest

Hi Snoodles

i have just started seeing an acupunturist/herbalist, my periods since coming off the pill have been about 5 weeks apart and fairly light. my herbalist said that ideally periods should have 2 heavy days and 3 light days because the body needs to cleanse itself every month so that there is room for the endometro to build up again for next month. or somthing like that, sorry i can't remember the terms she used or the way she explained it.

I hope this helps

Bec

Bec

Just remember too though that a bleed doesn't always mean you have O'd.

Personally, I'd be temping now so that you can get an idea of what your cycles are doing and therefore be sure that you are in fact o'ing.

Lisa

Hey Snoodles,
    I too have seen a Chinese Medicine/acupuncturist who also said my very light AF was an issue and the way she put it to me, was that if I don't have a healthy flow, it would mean more stress on my body trying to generate enough blood to also support a baby. Since then I have gone from a half day bleed to 4 days, one of which is actually heavy for the first time in my life.
    Mentally this also makes me feel more secure about conceiving and maintaining a pg, however she said nothing about it stopping me from conceiving.
    Hope this helps,

S'rose

Hi Snoodles,
    I too have seen a Chinese Medicine/acupuncturist who put it to me this way - if I haven't got enough blood for AF, how will I be able to generate enough blood to support a baby? Which made sense to me.
    I have since gone from a half day bleed and no regular cycle to a 30-33 CD and 4-5 days AF. If nothing else, mentally I feel more capable of getting pg.
    However, she said nothing at all about not being able to conceive on such a light AF.
    Hope this helps.
    S'rose