Thread: Lurker now joined: Help me with the acronyms, conceiving nerves, & rhesus factor

Default Lurker now joined: Help me with the acronyms, conceiving nerves, & rhesus factor

Hi
    I've been lurking on and off for a while, now I finally joined as my hubby and I are TTC soon.

I am finding it a little hard trying to understand the threads/posts here. Can someone please help or point me to where I can learn all these acronyms like TTC (I worked that one out) but am going cross-eyed trying to work out all the others. It would be a great help!

I am going to research the charting stuff (buy myself a thermometer) etc.

I am also heading to the doctors in the next month (once I am game enough to make that appointment). I have been on the pill for 7 years and I am totally unsure about what I'm supposed to do about coming off the pill, whether I'm not recommend to try until 3 months or several cycles after coming off the pill. (I'm not sure if it increases any risks or what??) Am scared about that as well, as my period was never totally regular before going on the pill, so am I going to be regular when I come off? Ack!

I also have the 'rhesus negative' factor and am told I will need a few 'needles' during my pregnancy and future pregnancies, and am also naive about that too! Have researched it on the web, but it all seems scary and not sure if I am more susceptible to miscarriages etc.

Hope to become friends with you all, and share the journey - mine and yours.

Luv Shella

Welcome to BellyBelly. Check out this thread http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/foru...-acronyms.html for all the terminology.

As for going off the pill, not sure, I just went off it and started trying straight away.
    My blood group is A- and during my pregnancy I need an Anti D shot at 26-28 weeks and another at 34 weeks. Your dr/ob will fill you in on all the details.

Hope that helps and good luck with your TTC journey!

Hi there and welcome to BB, lots of great people on here. Hope TTC is a short one.

Hi There!!

Welcome to BB!!

Goodluck with TTC!! I hope that it happens qickly for you!!!

All the best!!!

Thanks for the link to the abbreviations - that helps me greatly.

Welcome to BB Shella, and congratulations on starting your exciting TTC journey. When you are ready you can join in the TTC general chatter. All the very best to you.

Welcome to BB. I am rhesus A negative and my DH (husband) is O negative. For me, I don't need the Anti-D injections as two negatives won't make a positive. If your partner / father of the child is blood group positive then you will need the injections. The issue is when a positive baby passes some blood into the blood stream of the mother who then makes antibodies to the positive blood. Subsequent positive babies can be adversely effected, thus the need for the injection. Good luck with your TTC journey.