Thread: Macca Powder and Vitex?? Recommendations?

Default Macca Powder and Vitex?? Recommendations?

Hi everyone,

I know there has been other threads on this and I have found them and had a read but I couldn't find anything about Macca Powder.

I have been having irregular periods and my husband and I are trying to conceive. Someone told us about Macca Powder and Vitex but im not sure about them?

Is it safe to take either of them that is?

When should i start it?

When should i stop taking it, as I have read that Vitex shouldn't be taken during pregnancy, but what happens if you don't know you are pregnant straight away?

Is there anything else anyone recommend that could help increase my chance of ovulating each month.?

These very long MC are driving me mad!

Thanks everyong

What's Macca powder? Vitex is excellent to regulate hormone imbalances.

HI

Macca Powder is a another herbal that I have heard about remedy that can help you regulate you cycle. It is available at health food places. Maybe it isn't that well know? Maybe that is a sign that people don't know what it is so maybe something not to use as there doesn't seem to be proof that it works?

Hmm - I googled it and it doesn't show up on any of the many ttc/fertility websites. (unlike vitex which is very widely used and you will find hundreds of success stories)

I would stay away from it, just take the vitex.

Thanks Sally, I think I will use Vitex there are so many positive stories from it. Thanks for you help

Just a word of warning on Vitex. I googled it & miscarriage after I'd suffered 2 early miscarriages whilst taking it and found loads of women who'd miscarried early whilst taking it. Basically I'd get pregnant and as soon as I stopped taking it (like you have to) I would miscarry. I gave it up and two cycles later was pregnant again and this one stuck. I don't think it was a coincidence.

hey i have been taking maca powder and its great,

i have not had my af since coming off bc pills 4 months ago, (we are TTC) so i started taking maca, no luck yet with af, but it gives you heaps more energy and is good to help regulate ur cycle, it probly just takes a few months to start taking affect.

I am also just about to start taking vitex to help get me ovulate and get my cycles back but first i have to stop taking the primolut N that iv been on for the last 8 days, (really dont like the primolut) so im excited to start vitex, hopefully it works, i will keep taking the macca aswell as i feel its doing some good!
    Hope this is slightly helpful

I'm also waiting for AF after coming off BCP so I went to the naturopath and she gave me some Macca Root powder to take. It tastes foul so hopefully it will work!

Yeah you get use to it after a while, i actually quite like it now, i have it on cereal so i just kinda blends in, not so intense.
    I have just had AF after taking Primolut N, and now im taking vitex up untill i ovulate so hopefully i DO ovulate and all goes well from there!
    All the best and good luck!

Thanks! I am taking it in orange juice so that might be why it tastes a bit icky. I can't put it on cereal as DD INSISTS on eating her cereal AND my cereal at breakfast. I don't really want her to have any of it so I can't do that

Haha fair enough then! Having it in a smoothy is another good way or just with some yogurt, but obviously the less concentrated it is the less noticable it will be!

I took Vitex when ttc Ash and as someone else mentioned I just took it up to when I ovulated then stopped til Af came again. I found it set Af to exact 28 days.

Well just thought I would let you know that AF arrived today so I now that I can chart my cycle and see how we go. Yay - not sure if the Macca powder had an influence but it obviously didn't hurt.

Yay thats good to hear! i am almost at the end of my AF and am charting my fertility too, body temp and stuff, so good luck to us both for the next month!!