Thread: Maybe Baby

JoDan Guest

Cool Maybe Baby

Hi,

has anyone had any success using this?

Oh wow you are ttc now! whoo hoo!!

I had a similar one (different brand) and I hated it. I found it much easier to use opks and temping

good luck!

JoDan Guest

thanks Danni

Sal Guest

I hated mine, too. It's gathering dust in my cupboard..

I reckon monitoring CM is the best 'natural' way, next to OPKs.

I used one from February til September with nothing..
    I had borrowed it from a friend who fell preg first time, but for me it just never helped!!! I started OPKing & temping & fell preg first month!!!!

Sal Guest

Jo, if you want mine let me know

Toy Tester Guest

DW had one, and when i tried it, it showed me as ovulating. It was the biggest fern i'd ever seen.

Mick

abs Guest

We had one for a while before we went down the IVF path. Recently sold it on eBay for a good price

JoDan Guest

Sal, thanks, that would be cool, only thing was I was going to get one tomorrow.. how much are they? If they are too much I might have to take you up on your offer.

Mick, I have heard of this happening. But I need all the help I can get!

Toy Tester Guest

From memory ours cost ~$50.
    But that was about 5yrs ago.

Mick

Hi JoDan! So glad to see you're back in these threads and I'm excited to see your ticker. I hope to be adding TTC#1 next cycle. Which can't be far away...
    Good luck with your Maybe Baby pursuit.

Depending upon where you buy them new costs upwards of $60. Some places charge as much as $80. (Can you tell I've been looking? )
    I recently purchased a used one from ebay. Watched and watched all of them and finally managed to get one for $15 and only because the person selling hadn't used the words Maybe Baby or Ovulation in her title.

That could be a good lesson to somebody who is going to try and sell a used one....use the proper title and words like fertility and ovulation or ovulate and start the bidding low and you'll get at LEAST half what you paid for it (if not more).

Anyway, it didn't arrive in time and I'm now 5dpo so I won't get any benefit from it for a few weeks. I have looked at it though to try and get the hang of using the right amount of saliva, drying time etc and my pattern was what it was meant to be so I'll use it for the next couple of weeks anyway for practice.

Of course, I'll just KICK myself if I get a BFP this cycle, but at least I know I can sell it on again! Oh and I also have my Lydia Pinkham just sitting here waiting for me to start too and I think I'll really crack it if I don't get a chance to use some of that!!

Lisa

Hi Jo

I thought that you had disappeared! How good does your ticker look!

I have one but I fern all cycle so it isn't much good for me. I think it cost me about $70.

I got one a few months ago for $80. I used it for a few months, but i felt i didn't get enough 'evidence' of Oing like i did with temping and checking CM...HTH

I bought another brand called Lady Q. On ebay very cheaply as well. Ive used it for 3 cycles (so far havnt got preggy yet) but i use it in conjunction with checking CM, temping and OPKS. One month my ferning will match up with my CM and OPK results and then another month it wont like this month. Each person is different in how they respond to using it eg TaffyLou gets ferns all the time.
    You just have to not eat or drink before hand for hours or else you can get some pretty interesting results on there! LOL

Good Luck and wishing you a short TTC journey

JoDan Guest

hmm, Sal, might have to take you up onthe offer. How much do you want for it?

Sal Guest

Nothing! I'm happy to help another TTCer out

Mine's not a Maybe Baby, I bought it when living in England. It's 4 years old, but will do the trick! Email me your details to xxxxxx and I'll send it. Let me know if it helps you!!

JoDan Guest

Just emailed ya Sal!