Thread: Maybe Baby - Strange Things

Unhappy Maybe Baby - Strange Things

Hi,

Anyone who's used Maybe Baby can perhaps help me.

For some reason I didn't get any ferns both ovulating or transitional this month.. All I got were pebbles. I've been keeping a chart of the changes in the reading for the last couple of months and I have had ferns during ovulation days.

I've been doing readings twice during my ovulation days and I still got pebbles. I always check first thing in the morning as soon as I wake up so that my saliva is clean. I'm not sure what's wrong.
    I'm sure it's not the Maybe Baby, cos all it does it project your saliva via microscope.
    Has anyone experienced this?

I've been reading abt the Billings Method, and I'm pretty sure I didnt have much EWCM.
    I finished AF on 05/04 so I'm not pg.

I'm feeling pretty down, we did TTC during the predicted ovulation days but I don't know if I missed it or didn't ......

Pls help.....

Hi prama,

YOu could just be ovulating later in this cycle? Even if you have spot on regular cycles, something like stress or something could have thrown this cycle out of whack?
    Keep testing over the next few days and see if the ferns show up again?

SAM

Hi prama,

I agree with Sammy, maybe O is just happening later this month? The only times I've had pebbles only is when I'm not ovulating (or if I didn't ovulate that month), for me if there's O then there's ferning. I don't like even saying it but it is possible that you're not ovulating this month, though I'll keep everything crossed for you that it's not the case. All the best with getting your BFP.

thanks guys.

It's possible that I could be ovulating late, but I feel bloated today so it feels like AF next week.

Yes, i did think abt not ovulating this month. That's what it might be. I never really worried abt it until we TTC, plus I'm conscious of the fact that I just turned 34 so yeah...

Thanks so much for your thots and input!

Who knows, maybe next month....

lots of xoxoxoxox

It doesn't sound like you've o'd this cycle, or perhaps you missed testing a day or two & just had a short ferning phase.

I used maybe baby and I just kept ferning and my doctor said that they actually only let you know that youve ovulated after the fact. I gave up on mine.

Hi, just thought I'd put my bit in too. I've given up on MB, becuase in many of my months, it showed some transitional ferning (or full fern REALLY early like at 8dpo), even tho in the same cycle my OPK didn't show a positive plus temperature shift until 13 dpo. I don't know how accurate it usually is for you tho. Do you use another method at the same time, eg opk or temping? at lesat then that would confirm if you O'd or not.
    Hoping it's still to come for you !

My GP told me they were a waste of money, so mine's sitting in the top drawer in the bathroom.

Thanks Guys,

No idea what;s going on this month. Maybe I did miss an O. Pretty scary as I could not be as regular as I assumed.
    Today Maybe Baby showed not pebbles but fuzzy pebbles. Bizzare. So at lunch I'm going to get an OPK for comparison. I'm going to start charting mucus changes so that I'm more aware. I havent tried temping, I read that it;s not very reliable?

All very confusing. Sigh, and then some day my kid will say ' I hate you, Mum!!' LOL

oh God what a depressing thought !!! But you're probably right. I'm not looking forward to the day they think I'm not cool anymore. I'm already stressing about having teenagers and we haven't even conceived yet !!!! Good luck with the OPK! remember that if you're slightly late then it won't show a surge. At least you'll be prepared for next month just in case MB doesn't fern right for you!

I'm certainly starting to doubt my mb. I'm CD 28 today & just thought I'd try it & see what it showed. For the last 3 days I've had ferning and now I'm back to pebbles. Mind you a recent blood test showed I had high estrogen so maybe that accounts for why I keep ferning.

Thanks Deni and Sathya.
    I did my OPK yest and it was negative but the MB showed slight ferning which they said can happen past the O towards AF.
    Anyway, I had to go see my GP yest, and she said dont worry abt MB cos it makes you monitor all the time and adds anxiety and that's not going to help. She said her friends have also said MB gave them different readings. Her advise if u're trying 1-6mths dont bother monitoring tho it's hard not too! It's hard cos I'm one of those who likes everything has to be logical and sequential etc etc!
    Anyway, I hope all goes well for all of us!!

Oh yeah, I did worry abt having teenagers even before we decided to TTC!!! I guess as long as they grow responsible, well-mannered and dont do drugs etc, that's good enough.
    But they have to get born in the first place! LOL

dannik Guest

Hi Prama i have found with mb that you really need to let it dry for a long time. I usually leave it atleast half and hour and i keep checking the same sample all day, usually though i will have a reliable reading after half an hour. I am getting ferns all the time at the moment and my AF due on tuesday, last time this happened i was pregnant so i am waiting to test. It takes a good 3 months to know your cycle using the mb and how to create a good sample. I usually clean it down and then get some saliva on my tonge and tonge the glass on my tounge. hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by dannik View Post
    Hi Prama i have found with mb that you really need to let it dry for a long time. I usually leave it atleast half and hour and i keep checking the same sample all day, usually though i will have a reliable reading after half an hour. I am getting ferns all the time at the moment and my AF due on tuesday, last time this happened i was pregnant so i am waiting to test. It takes a good 3 months to know your cycle using the mb and how to create a good sample. I usually clean it down and then get some saliva on my tonge and tonge the glass on my tounge. hope this helps!
    I find the same with the drying time. It takes way longer than the time the manufacturers state.

I keep writing this post and it keeps disappearing on me, while i switch to do work!

This is my 4th attempt!

Yes, I do leave it for a while. I do it first thing in the morning, and aim to spit on the glass to avoid contaminiation. I then shower, get dressed etc. And that's abt 30mins.
    And that's right, it doesnt dry in 10 mins. Takes abt 30. and the funny thing is that the manufacturer says if more than 15 will cause contaminiation. I'll also leave till evening and see what it;s like when i get home. I clean it thoroughly with the cloth the provide and have another look thru the microscope to make sure nothing is left behind.

So I will see what the next cycle is like and if a pattern develops..

Thanks all!!

aahhhh MB, i've been using it for the past 4 cycles (sounds better than 4 months :P )

i've found that you need to use a lot of saliva to get a thorough result.

last month it was textbook perfect - day 15 of 28 day cycle, and i got a BFN. this cycle it was day 12 so who knows?

it's really frustrating.