Thread: Medications

Unhappy Medications

Hi ladies,

just a quick question - i am due to 'o' ova the next couple of days but I'm starting to stress about my uni exams that start on saturday. When I get stressed I end up getting a toothache that then affects my sinus'. I normally take 1 mersyndol (which is a calmative) for the pain during the day but am not too sure if it will be harmful. It says that there is no aspirin or aspirin-like ingredients but not too sure about the other ingredients.

Does anyone know if I should or shouldn't take it??

Thanks

*TamaraP* Guest

Hmmm, I honestly don't know on that one.
    I would pop into a Chemist and ask them for some advice. Tell them you are TTC about to ovulate and don't know if you should have the medication or not...

HTH...

And goodluck with your exams!!

Iona Macca, I know that the paracetamol and codeine is safe, the only issue may be with the muscle relaxant that is in the mersyndol as well.

Probably best to check with the pharmacy or do some searching online for the particulare drug name - doxylamine succinate - in this case.

Usually medications state on the packet if they are not safe during pregnancy (check out an ibuprofen packet) and the fact that there is no warnings in this case tends to leave me feeling that it is safe.

I get shocking tension headaches at times, if they get bad the only thing that will do anything is mersyndol... Now that we are ttc I avoid it unless absolutely completely necessary, but have been forced to take it at times.

BW

just keep in mind, even if it doesnt say "not for use in pregnancy" it may hinder ovulation by supressing it etc.

Your pharmacist or doctor will be able to help you as they can check in their manuals. Hopefully you can find something less harmful for the pain.

Thanks girls