Thread: Mucus question

Default Mucus question

Yesterday was cd56 of my cycle and previously I'd noticed no discharge at all for this cycle (well, only trace amounts in knickers at the end of the day, and not all that often).

However, I felt something a bit globby so went to the loo, half-expecting it to be AF arriving, but no... when I wiped it was green and globby. I've been having coughing fits for the last 5 weeks or so and it wasn't quite as green as that, but it did have a light green tinge to it, and it was all globby. Bit like when you have a cold and blow your nose, IYKWIM?

I'm not an obsessive wipe-and-check person, but I do when I wonder what's coming out of me, especially when AF is more than due.

No other mucus whatsoever after that, but I also had really sore breasts yesterday too (had to tell off DH for coming too near). They're fine today.

Sorry if that's a bit icky, but I'd just like someone to tell me it was the poor lighting in the work loo (no natural light) or that this is perfectly normal. Very, very doubtful it's a disease as DH and I are happily married and don't really go out and catch those sorts of diseases, if you get my drift.

Anyone any clues?

goldilocks Guest

Ryn, could it possibly be a thrush infection? Apparently thrush can have a yellow/greenish tinge to it sometimes? It usually has a cottage-cheese kind of consistency though...hmmmmm

If it has a funny odour, you may have some kind of infection?

Sorry I'm not more help! Maybe see your doctor about it.

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Hi Ryn,
    Discharge that looks greenish often means infection. However, it doesn't sound like there is a foul odour which wouold be expected with infection also.

If there has been a tiny bit of blood loss that has combined with your usual mucous this can also make the colour a dirty greeny yellow (oh gorgeous hey!). Perhpas this could be what has happened? Maybe you are about to get your period and just the start has tinged the colour. Trichomonas has a green discharge that is usually a bit frothy and smelly. However, it doesn't sound like you have any other symptoms and it was a one off event. It does sound to me that it could be old blood stained mucous...

I would recommend you see a gp and have a swab just to make sure that there is no infection.

Good luck Ryn

*TamaraP* Guest

Yeh ditto to what the other girls have said. My mum always told me when you start blowing out green boogers when you are sick its normally a sign of infection (nice hey!!)...
    So I assuming it would be the same for down below, good luck Ryn!!

Well, I've not had any more since, and I'm having my blood test today so I'll go see my GP with the results... only discharge yesterday was in pants and a bit spermy, as we dtd Tuesday night I'm guessing it was the fallout from that. But no funny smells or pains or anything, so I'm even more confused!

I should hope I'm about to get my period - cd58 now! Where is the blinking thing?

Ryn _ I got thick discharge like that when pg with ds. it was yellowy-green gross I know and there was lots. It is the begining of the mucus plug. How are you enjoying pg so far?

Still scared!

Just can't believe for the last few days I've been sniffing the crotch in my pants like a dirty old man who should be locked up when I didn't have to - or that I've told people about that! Ah well, at least it explains more than it doesn't, just have to see what DH has to say tonight, he's coming with me to see the GP tomorrow.

I had what I called "snotty" discharge when I was pg in January. It looked exactly like what you would wipe off the face of a toddler with a nasty head cold. I'm told that the yellowish-greenish colour can be from increased progesterone levels and it CAN be a very good sign (if not infection associated!).

Good luck

Lisa

Hi Ryn,

I just wanted to ask you about your globbiness. The other day I "felt something a bit globby so went to the loo, half-expecting it to be AF arriving, but no..." except mine wasn't green and I'm not really sure what you mean by globby. I was a bit surprised when i went to the loo as I had never had anything like it before. I guess you could describe it as a "Bit like when you have a cold and blow your nose", however i would also say it looked a bit like jelly (TMI?)as well. And it wasn't green, more cream in color.

I'm really sorry but I just wondering if its not too much of a bother if you could maybe explain what you mean by globby.

Thanks
    Bron

Well, whenever I felt it before it was EWCM, and yours sounds maybe a bit like that. By "globby" I mean it was all in globs, like there were 4-5 lumps of it.

I still get tiny bits of greeny, but because it doesn't smell (and I can't believe I'm sniffing what's come out of there...) I'm not too worried.

thanks for that Ryn

I get that occasionally too (light green CM)....it has no odor and I haven't had it checked out as it happens so randomly....