Thread: Nausea on and after ovulating?

Default Nausea on and after ovulating?

Hi ladies,

I'm having a rotten week. I've had nausea since Tuesday (almost 100% sure I o'd on Monday night/Tuesday) and it was so bad yesterday I called in sick to work. I've been charting my temps and there's no huge rise which would suggest it's not illness, although enough to suggest - along with EWCM - that I did in fact ovulate on Mon/Tue. The nausea comes in waves and sometimes gets so bad that I run to the loo, but I haven't yet been physically ill.

I've read somewhere that some women experience nausea after ovulating, but I haven't read anything about it being so severe or long-lasting.

We're not ttc not yet, but I did a test just to be sure and I'm not pg. I went off BC in May and haven't had a 'real' visit from AF just yet, although I feel like my cycle will be back on track after ovulating this week.

Does anybody else experience this?

I do!

I have PCOS and so don't ovulate very often or very well, but the one thing that has been common to my luteal phase is that I ALWAYS feel nauseous! Add to that headaches, moodyness, hot flushes, dizzyness and everything else - it really does your head in while TTC!

I spoke to a friend yesterday who is an OB - she assures me that it is completely normal and is just a result of the changing hormones.

BW

DisGirl,

Hey ive actually vomitted on before on O day!! It doesnt happen that often but it has happened to me on occasion

HTH!

Lisa

I've had nausea around O time too

Thanks ladies! I feel better - in my mind if not in my tummy! - that it's not totally weird to feel this way. I'm hoping that it's only because my body is still adjusting to not having the artificial hormones, I can't imagine going through a week like this, then a bad week of cramps with AF every month! Thanks again.

I was thinking the same thing... if this is what a luteal phase feels like for everyone - I don't want it!

BW

I usually get a whopper of a headache when I'm about to O. Typical of me, I'm saying "not tonight dear, I've got a headache" when my body is saying "come and get me big boy!"

I can relate with the nausea though. Yesterday and today, particularly today I am feeling really secondhand. Incredibly seedy, like a hangover almost. I was lightheaded yesterday and nearly passed out in the Coles checkout queue and this afternoon, I sat in my chair in front of the tv to read my mail and went to sleep. The last time I did that I was pg with Zac.

But I don't for ONE minute feel that I caught the eggie this month. Our bding was out for a start due to a badly timed dose of thrush (yuck).

Anybody wanting a chart to obsess over, you're welcome to look at mine and see what you think.

Lisa
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/fd71c

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

My bub is nearly 4 months old and I am ovulating for the first time. My problem is that everything about this cycle is completely different to my normal cycle.

I had such nausea yesterday, (which was O day) that I was out for lunch and could not stomach it for fear of throwing up in the restuarant, then overnight I had such strong cramping on one side, if I was standing I would have been doubled over in pain. I have got up this morning feeling like someone has belted me in the belly!

Has anyone had a complete change in their cycles after having a bub. My cycles are normally 42+ days.

Hoping someone has some light to shead on this. (We are TTC for No #3 if it happens, but not proactively)
    Last edited by DoulaRelle; July 10th, 2006 at 08:08 AM.

Ive felt so bad at times when Oing- bad cramps, feeling like im going to throw up and being very very tired. no wonder before officially TTC we havnt fallen pregnant, i have felt too awful to actually DTD.

This is really interesting news to me, as I have polycystic ovaries and I'm never sure if or when I ovulate. Friday just gone was day 14 in my cycle and during the day I had to lie down as I thought I was going to be sick. I have also had a slight headache for a couple of days and fertile mucus.

Sounds a lot like what I had Ellajoy. I don't know what day in my cycle I am since I haven't had a proper AF since coming off the pill, but from my temps and CM I'm quite certain that I did O on Monday/Tuesday. I was ill from Tuesday through to Friday night and it was so bad I was on the verge of throwing up more than once, with Wed being the worst day.

Feeling fine this week so far though

Princess1979 Guest

Smile

I am so glad I came upon this topic. I have been feeling on and off for the past few months. Headaches, nausea, I was getting worried, but now I read about you guys feeling similar things, I feel better.

hi girls - yeah i too get nausea and cramps when i think i ov. Just started gettin AF again (after 7months after the birth of my 1st) as i'm b/f so not 100% of my cycle - but the nausea and cramps are a good indication for me ...as unpleasant as they are!!!

I'm so glad I came across this thread, I've only been off the pill 2 weeks and I'm already nauseous and had a whopper of a headache on Monday so maybe it's a sign I'm ovulating??? I've also been getting really hot flushes (maybe it's menopause )Haven't started charting yet, will give that a go next month. Oh the memories of my pre-pill days are coming back to me