Thread: Need Help - sorry might be TMI

Emm Guest

Default Need Help - sorry might be TMI

Long story - will try and make it short.

I recently had a pap test come back with minor cell changes, which I am in the middle of getting fixed. Went to see a gyno last week. I have a small patch of cells that may have to be lasered off. I am currently waiting for the results of the biopsy (?) to come back to see what we do next.
    For about 2 months now I have also had really weird cramps in my lower abdomen. I also feel like I have to go to the toilet all the time, only small amounts come out most times. If I don't go it causes my back to get painful throbs. I had a UTI test done for this but it came back that this wasn't the problem. The gyno said the weeing has nothing to do with the cell change problem.
    I want to know, seeing that the gyno was down 'there' the other week, he would have picked up that I was pregnant wouldn't he?

Also last night I got really bad pains in one spot on my right hand side on the top of my hip. This morning it changed to my left side. I am on day 13 of my cycle. I thought this might be ovulation pains, but am now confussed because it switched sides.
    Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks for reading this far, and for any advice/clues you can give me.

(this is my second month off the pill from being on it for approx 5 yrs)

*TamaraP* Guest

I am just wondering if it my be an ectopic pregnancy (girls, tell me if I am wrong... )
    Your Gyno, unless he did an internal u/s I don't think could tell that much if you were pregnant...

I am sorry I can be of no more help, but I am sending you all my well wishes that everything works out for the best.

Sal Guest

Hi Emm, your descrption of needing to go, going in small amounts else getting back pain really describes a UTI but one that is hitting up into your kidneys. I have had many UTIs and I had reflux of my ureters (urine was flowing backwards up into my kidneys) so when I got UTIs I also got bad pain in my back, which is kidney pain. I think you should see a doc and get tested for a UTI (again), as one that gets into the kidneys is quite serious. Even though I had an operation to fix the reflux, I still find that even not having a UTI means that if I need to go to the loo but hold off I can get bad back pains...I am sure that it is urine flowing back into my kidneys making them sore.

Hope I haven't scared you!

Emm Guest

Thanks girls, (you haven't scared me I just want to fix the problem)

I forgot to tell you that all of these symptoms are making BD very painful So it's not happening much atm.