Thread: negative hpt's and positive blood tests

mooshie Guest

Default negative hpt's and positive blood tests

hi was wondering what others experiences were.

with my past pregnancies i have always had a positive hpt at around 4 1/2 to 5 wks. here i am at anywhere between 3 and 7 days overdue for af (based on previous cycles) and i have had 3 neg hpt's. went to the doc today (on another matter but thought i would mention it) and she did a hpt it came up neg, so she sent me a blood test - the blood test lady said it was quite common to get neg hpts yet positive bloods.

has this happened to anyone on here and if so did you ever get a pos hpt or just had to rely on the blood

arhh am i making sense i am going soooooooooo crazy in this not knowing limbo land atm. i need to know either way as i am going on a girls weekend this weekend. i need to wait until around 11am tommorrow to ring back to doc - blood test lady said may know by this arvo, so will ring the doc maybe later.

moosh: my sister was preg with her 3rd child and she tested with a hpt 3 days overdue. BFN

she got a blood test and it was positive! it definitely happens babe

and we are ALL hoping it is happening to you. cant wait till the morning

Michelle,

I did three HPT's at home and they came up faint positive went to the DR's and her test came up BFN. They did a BT and that came back positive. I think it depends on what tests they are using and what HCG level they can pick up.

I also had BFN's when i was pg with Kimberley nothing showed up until 13wks.

I was IVF and did 2 hts the day before bloodtest...they came back BFN's. The following day the nurse rang and said BFP. They were 2 different brands that were early detector ones. Throw away those nasty pee sticks
    Bec

I have definitley heard of people getting negative HPTs yet a positve BT so yes it is possible.

Good luck I hope the BT shows a nice BFP.

*TamaraP* Guest

Ditto to what the other girls have said. I am praying that you get a +++ Blood Test back babe!!

for a BFP!

I know Cailin had issues like that when pregnant with Paris...

we're waiting moosh!!!!

AF arrived for Moosh already Danni