Thread: New here~I have a question!!!

chantel18 Guest

Default New here~I have a question!!!

Well this is my situation......I am 18 and have been on the pill for over 2 years now,I am on Microgynon 30 ED it has worked fine I had no side effects and it was great for me.I am wanting to TTC Is it true the longer you are on birth control the longer it takes you to get pregnant once u stop using birth control and ttc?I know the first step would be to stop taking the pill anymore what other things do I need to be aware of and how long will it take?or does it depend on the person?
    Thanks if anyone knows people let me know
    Thankyou Chantel

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi Chantel, I can only speak from my own personal experience, but I was on the same pill as you, and fell pregnant as soon as stopping it. i know there are other people that can take years. It is different for everone. I would suggest talking to your GP if you haven't already about getting pregnant and things like up to date immunisation (rubella etc). It might also be a good idea to have a look into hospitals and Obs if you are looking at going private because alot of the book up very quickly ie: within the first 5-6 weeks.

Hi Chantel. I was on BCP (Lyganon Ed) for 8 years before i started TTC. Four years later, i am still waiting. I did have a m/c at 7 weeks 2 and a bit years ago, and have unexplained infertility.

So you can see from my experience compared to Relle's, it can differ with everybody. I agree with Relle too, and think you should go and see your gp about your immunisations etc before starting.....

good luck to you and i hope that all goes to plan and you have a bubba in your arms soon...

Hi Chantel - I was on the pill for 10 years up until 3 months ago. I stopped taking it and whalla - I'm pregnant!! I asked my GP the exact same question about a year ago because I was worried about being on the pill for so long - his response - if I want to get pregnant then stop taking the pill!! Of course it varies between women as demonstrated by Shan and Relle - every woman is different - some people find it easier to concieve than others. I've also read that some people have increased fertility after coming off the pill (not sure if this is fact or fiction!). I definitely agree that you should go to your GP and have a chat to him/her. Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Rachel

Hi Chantel - I was on the same pill for 13yrs and have been TTC for 6mths now (but I have PCO). My periods returned after 3mths. There is no evidence that the longer you are on the pill the longer it will take to conceive as shown by the ladies in this forum. Basically it depends how quick your body will re-adjust itself.

I would recommend coming off the pill and forget about TTC for 6mths - then if nothing has happened go and speak to your GP. The best thing is don't worry / obsess over TTC as this can affect your hormones - just relax and enjoy your life and partner whilst there is just the two of you

Good luck.

Hi Chantel,

As you can tell everyone is different. I was on the pill for about 7 years and then fell pg within 4 months of stopping it. My periods came regularly so nothing really changed, my cycle stayed the same etc. Unfortunatley my pg was an ectopic.

I know of a few people who got pg within the first few months and have all had great pg's and now have beautiful little bubs.

You should see your gp and get your bloods etc done and start taking a folate supplement and then just enjoy yourself and you might be pleasantly suprised!!

Good luck sweety

chantel18 Guest

thankyou for the help girls that was really helpful

Everyone is different in their experiences. Good Luck with your TTC journey

Saige's Mum Guest

Hi Chantel

I was on the pill for 12 years because I have Polycystic Ovaries. I was always so worried I wouldn't fall pregnant so I just decided to go off the pill to try to lose weight anyway. I was pregnant within 3 months!