Thread: A Newbie Over 35 TTC For 1st Time

Default A Newbie Over 35 TTC For 1st Time

Hello Ladies,
    Im about as nervous on here as i were on my 1st day of high school.Well just wanted to join for support,im 36 going on 37 and have been ttc for about 18 months now,this will be my 1st shot at it so its kinds scary.I wont bore you all with too much but basically at the ripe age of 31 i was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and am ok now and am trying to get pregnant.My current method is anything and everything from pee on the stick ovulation kit to maybe baby.Well as i type im technically a day late for my period and am nervous/scared/hopeful.I have the telltale signs of swollen breast(normally get it as i get bad pmt)headaches and for the 1st time dizzy spells,i have pains but no period yet and a funny taste in my mouth all day yesterday.Any advice,support or whatever you can offer would be great,we have 3 more months of trying before getting assistance in falling pregnant..(fingers crossed it wont be too much longer)
    Look forward to your responses,future friendships etc etc
    Soniebon

Welcome to BB
    Good luck on your TTC journey, I hope its short and sweet!!!!
    btw - if its a metallic like taste in your mouth, thats a good sign

Yeh it was kinda like that,just so dont want to get my hopes up.The only other thing ive noticed ive neevr had before is my areolas(around my nipples)are quite large and swollen,that and the dizzy spells and headache(which has now gone and normally stays til mid period)sent alarm bells..We will see not getting too excited
    Thank you for the quick response
    Soniebon

Welcome Sonibon and I must say all your signs are looking good!

Well i hope all the baby dust sprinkling is working cos today still no AF..Being a chronic insomniac i was actually in bed by midnite and woke at 930am,didnt have a busy day with work but by 5pm i had to lay on the couch for a nana-nap(totally unheard of for me)im now nearly hitting 4 days past AF due,even though ive taken a test i refuse to punish myself,think ill wait it out a bit.MY BB"S are the size of 2 babies heads,swollen areaolas still and hard as melons,slight crampiness in left side but not like AF pains.Will see what happens but hope im not having a phantom pregnancy(hehe to put it in canine terms)and that the dreaded AF is coming...
    NERVOUS&WAITING..

Oooo goodluck soniebon all the signs/symptoms sound promising, hope you get the BFP that your after!!!! When you gonna test??

Well i took the pee test and got a BFN but im not stressing too much as my friend whos 12 weeks pregnant said hers didnt show until around 8 weeks,im pretty sure i am as i can feel it also,my lower back is killing me,my bb's,gone off food,i want it then i eat a little then dont want it,had some cramps in lower left side and some mucus(yuk just a little not a lot)i made an appointment to go have a blood test next wednesday as i need to know asap as i take a thyroid replacement medication..Still no AF..now im getting excited,i rang my friend who gets her period the same day as me and she said hers has been and gone and we usually go 25 days..so fingers crossed...ill be mental til next week until i get the result....

Thumbs up

WELL I GOT A BFP ON TESTING YAY....thank you all for the best wishes and babydust..watch this space

Oh, HUGE congratulations. That's very exciting. Here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy. And clever you for spotting all those signs too.

Yay!! Congratulations - sending you lots of sticky vibes! I was going to say the metallic taste and huge bb's were the 2 signs that I had so it was definitely looking good I hope everything continues to go well!!

awesome hun! congratulations

Congratulations...way to go!!!

Thank you all ladies for your best wishes,every bit was felt,its been a long hard road ive walked down,now fingers crossed and prayers that the next bit goes well,for those of you in the same boat im thinking of you all.I never thought id see the day.
    thank-you thank-you
    love son xo