Thread: No BFP - whats going on??

Question No BFP - whats going on??

Hi everyone - I'm currently at CD 31 and my last 2 cylces were 24 & 25 respectively. I usually have short cycles.
    I've tried several hpts and they're all giving me a BFN. Lately I've had light cramping on the left side and some on the right, some twinges in my left leg and have been quite irritable too! Terribly cranky...
    Since yesterday I've had the sniffles as well.
    I dont know whats going on. I thought with the twinges on the left side etc that I would get the BFP but no!
    And v. strange that I dont feel as if AF is coming either - I'm feeling really frustrated atm. Help - what do you think?
    Has anyone had a BFP come up quite late or not at all and still been pregnant??

Thanks

Hi hindonly

The last month I had exactly the same as you (even the sniffles). It sounded like you were writing my post! My AF cycles are always 26-28 days long and my last one was 33 days and all four HPT's came back BFN. I then had a blood test and sorry to say that that also came back negative.

I got AF 7 days late which has never happened before and had all the niggly cramps, feeling unwell, extreme tiredness etc but it came to nothing unfortunately. When AF arrived, it only went for 2 days (usually 5) and was very light and not the usual blood (sorry, TMI).

In saying that, I have heard from a few other girls here that they didnt get a BFP until up to 24dpo so there is hope yet.

If you're really worried, make a dr's appointment and get a blood test. Dr said that it isnt unusual for the egg to be fertilised and tries to implant but just cant stay there which is what he thinks happened to me which explains the late AF. I really hope yours manages to cling on though.

Good luck Hindonly

Thanks - I suspect this is exactly what has happened with me too! It makes alot of sense. I'm just waiting now for AF to show her 'ugly' unwanted presence!!
    Last edited by hindonly; February 6th, 2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: wording

Sounds like it Hindonly. I think they may call it a chemical pregnancy (could be wrong but read somethng about it on the good old internet). I've just been posting you in the TTC 1-6 Month thread so I'll keep up to date with you there and see how things are going.

I just posted that I notice you live in Brisbane so your BT will probably be with QML. I had my BT there as they were closing on a Thursday night and got my results back at 12.40pm the next day so you shouldnt need to wait all weekend.