Thread: No menstruation?!? HELP!!!

Default No menstruation?!? HELP!!!

DD is 4 1/2 months old now. DH and I are TTC when she reaches 6 months old... When DD was 1 1/2 month old, I had my period... then my doctor started me on a birth control, and since then I haven't had a period. Is this normal? How can we TTC when there's no period?

Default hi

Hey Darls,
    I am kind of in the same boat as you.
    I had my daughter in Dec 07, Ive had an AF in Jan and Feb (23days apart) and nothing yet since.
    its been about 7-8weeks now.
    good luck with everything.

What form of birth control are you taking? If mini-pill it is normal not to have a period. It sounds like whatever birth control you are taking is stopping you from ovulating and therefore no period (I'm guessing, need more info!). Once you stop birth control you should get your period back and can TTC.

ETA : Are you breastfeeding? If so, this can prevent you from getting your period as well and you are unlikely to be fertile if this is the case.
    Last edited by Jac; April 3rd, 2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: added text

The birth control that I am taking now is calling Micronor = 0.35mg of Norethindrone. I used to breastfed but have stopped... my doctor gave me these to take because it won't affect DD when I was breastfeeding. I am a little worried of not having any period since I started the birth control. What should I do since we're TTC#2 in about a month or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    What form of birth control are you taking? If mini-pill it is normal not to have a period. It sounds like whatever birth control you are taking is stopping you from ovulating and therefore no period (I'm guessing, need more info!). Once you stop birth control you should get your period back and can TTC.

ETA : Are you breastfeeding? If so, this can prevent you from getting your period as well and you are unlikely to be fertile if this is the case.