Thread: is it normal to be so worried?

Thumbs down is it normal to be so worried?

I cant seem to keep myself from worrying,im 29 and have been on the pill for 10 years,I went off it about 7 weeks ago and only just had my period last week,obviously we have tried in this time although i'm not yet sure when i'm ovulating but although its only been a small amount of time I cant help worrying that i'm going to have a long wait before i conceive.My sister tried 16 years before she fell pregnant,i dont know if this has anything to do with it but how do you stay sain through all this???

Yes, it's normal!! pregnancy, or trying to get pregnant can be a very worrying time because it's something so new or unknown. Even if you've had kids before, I imagine you would still have times when you worry about you or your baby or the rest of your family.
    Also remember if you're off the pill then there's no doubt your hormones will be different and agoing crazy and so you might feel more emotional or different emotions to before. Try not to compare yourself to other people, even family because you never know what will happen for you. Best wishes!

If you are really worried, go and get some tests done. There are GPs out there that are happy to do tests to make sure you are ovulating etc. and are not concerned that you have only been TTC a short time. Especially if you explain to them your family history. I had similar situation to you and luckily my GP was very willing to help, did some tests straight away and I later got referred to a Gyno/Ob only after 6months of trying to get some more detailed results. We managed to conceive after 9months. Hang in there and have fun trying.

Thanks so much for your support and kindness,this is all soooo new to me and my mum passed away last year and i miss her soooo muchand i feel im a bit lost without her to talk to and that, i used to talk to her especially about things like this.I will try and enjoy the journey and keep you posted.xxx

Smile thanks

Thanks so much for the replys.Noone ever tells you how hard it may end up being ttc emotionally etc.I lost my mum a year ago and feel as if i miss her advice and support,i feel i can get that here with others going through the same thing!Thanks again!

Sorry to hear about your Mum. We're always here to help and listen and never judging. Best of luck TTC and have fun trying. It is true when they say that when you forget and just enjoy, that is usually when it happens. It did for us.

Default thanks

Thanks for that!Im so excited and scared at the same timeWeve been wanting this for so long but only just planned to try a little while ago,i look forward to enjoying this jourey with others