thread: Not a BFP but maybe a P?

Feb 2011
    Sydney

Not a BFP but maybe a P?

Hey everyone.....

This may be a stupid question but how early (DPO) can you get a BFP? We arent really trying atm but I've been feeling a bit bleh during the night (its waking me up) for the past two nights. So this morning when I got up i thought what the heck, and POAS. But, I didnt watch it because I was obviously expecting a BFN, so had my shower instead. I got out and got the shock of my life, a really faint line, like its barely there, a shadow that was slightly darker on the pee end. Question is, how quickly can evaporation lines appear? I wasnt in the shower THAT long, but did wash hair etc so maybe 15 mins? I used a spare Crystal Clear one I had laying around, the system one, not a strip, and i checked before, its still in date. Thing is I was only 6 DPO...... is it even possible?
    Any advice would be great, I've been mulling over this one all day.....I really dont want do go out and buy more tests yet because I will seriously go through heaps until I get an answer one way or another......

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

It is too early to get a BFP at 6dpo. The embryo would not have implanted yet.

As a side note, those tests are notorious for false positives. Dont use them!!!!

Good luck

Oct 2009
    Bonbeach, Melbourne

Exactly what N2L said. Too early and those tests are crap. Test again in at least 4 days with a FR

Platinum Subscriber

Apr 2010
    coastside, Vic

I got a false pos from one of those as well (grr) good luck for later though!

Sep 2007
    Brisbane

I've also gotten loads of evaps from Crystal Clear. I would ignore it, especially at 6 dpo.

Feb 2011
    Sydney

Thanks ladies Just what I wanted to hear, it would have been a very welcome surprise, but it will be even better in a couple of months! Cant wait to get the wedding done an dusted so I can stop stressing about that and start enjoying TTC! Will test in a few days just to make sure though