Thread: Not sure whats going on... help!

Default Not sure whats going on... help!

Good Afternoon All,

As may know this is my first cycle off the pill (onto day 14) so I am having a few strange symptoms that maybe you could shed some light on:

* Bloated / Full feeling - like I have eaten till I could burst when I havnt
    *Sore boobs - like when AF comes
    *Pain in my overies - had this for the last couple of days now.

I wonder if becasue this is my first cycle off the pill that I could be getting AF early??
    This is also my ovulation window - according to a calculator - again this is a guess as its my first scyle off the pill - could these be ovulation pains?? We have been DTD evey few days so if this is ovulation will I be covered? How long does sperm live for??

Sorry for the long tread!
    Hope eveyone is well, thanks
    kate

Could be o pain could be AF they body does silly things when it comes of the pill GL

Thank TigerLinda
    what ever they are I hope that they move on soon - they are making me feel very uncomfortable!!

now dont quote me on this but as faw as I know sperm lives for about 4 or 5 days but this is only girl sperm as male sperm lives for only a day or two but they are faster swimmers so if the eggs already there and waiting then they will get there 1st and you will have a boy but if you egg comes later by a day or two them it will be a girl if that makes ant sence at all lol

sounds like ov pains I find when we are trying for a baba I have very bad ov pain and boobs the 1st few cycles but eaises of after that.

Hi Kafer Girl

A girl in our Belly Buddies was lucky enough to fall pregnant the first cycle off the pill, so it does happen. If you're one of the lucky ones, your body might just go back to its natural hormone levels straight away in which case, yes, those pains could be ovulation pains which are a great indicator of ovulation happening.

The bloating/sore boobs could be your bodies way of adapting to the new hormone levels.

DTD every 2 or 3 days should cover you if you are in the fertile phase but every 2nd day might be better. Like Tali said, there are studies which show that boy sperms are faster swimmers but dont live as long while girl sperms are slower swimmers but they live a lot longer. For instance, if you ovulate and DTD on the same day, chances are you will have a boy as they will beat the girls to the egg but if you DTD on day 14 and ovulate on day 16, chances are you will have a girl because after 2 days, the boys would have died or be too tired to fertilise the egg. I hope this hasnt confused you further.

In saying this, it might take you a few cycles to determine which day you ovulate and which day to expect AF or you could be one of the lucky ones who get that BFP straight away!

Good luck with your TTC journey ....
    Last edited by Deltadawn; November 28th, 2007 at 11:00 AM.