Thread: NutriSweet?

Default NutriSweet?

Hello

I am currently TTC and was just wondering if any knows if NutriSweet is safe?

Thanks
    Lisa

Melinda Guest

I'm not certain what it is to tell you the truth Lisa, but I'm thinking that it's some kind of sugar-replacement kind of thing? Would that be right?

Nutrasweet is totally safe to take during pregnancy.

Aspartame: (Equal or NutraSweet) Aspartame is not effective in heat nor for long periods in liquid form. Often found as an additive to soft drinks, gelatin, desserts, pudding mixes, breakfast cereals, beverages, chewing gum, dairy products, and other foods and drugs. According to the Food and Drug Administration, Aspartame is safe for use during pregnancy and lactation. It is recommended to limit consumption to a moderate level.
    Love

Thanks Kathryn! Thats comforting to know

Lisa

That is a relief because I have it in my tea and on my ceeal everyday. Do you think that is too much?

If it is only a tiny bit on your cereal, then it should be fine. Not really sure what they would class as "moderate"

Love

I am sure that a little bit in your tea and on your cereal is fine, they are probably referring to people who drink 5 or 6 cans of diet drink a day. I guess if you were a person who drank alot of diet drinks then you might want to look at cutting back.