Thread: O-ing, O pain and BDing

Default O-ing, O pain and BDing

Hello,

I was looking for the "for my friend" post because I believe the answer to my question was in there, but I can't view it, so I need to ask you guys! I think I O'd on Tuesday (I got the pains on Tuesday and it was 14 days from my last AF) and we Bd'd on Wed night... do O pains indicate it's too late, that it's the right time or that I'm going to O soon? If I did O 24 hours before we BD'd then is it too late for us this month? We've been quite sick the last fortnight, so we didn't really have the chance to BD much lately...

If just one of you with the right answer to point me in the right direction, that would be wonderful

Hi Spuddle

O pains do not necessarily mean it's too late. The recommended time to bd is anywhere from 3 days prior to 1 day past O. Not everyone get's O pains. Do you check your cm? If you do i'd still dtd whilst it's fertile just to make sure.

Good luck to you

I get O pain on the day I O and I've found that I've only conceived on cycles that I DTD either a day or two before Oing.

I probably wouldn't go on O pains by themselves, just because it could be something else... do you check you cervical mucous or temp or use OPKs? I would probably try at least one of them as well, to help you along. It can also reduce some of the stress in wondering if you have O'd or are about to, or if you are in time to catch that egg.

Thank you guys for replying

I did have CM on the day before the pain, the day of the pain and the day after the pain. I'm on CD16 at the moment and my last cycle (first one on vitex last month) was 28 days so I'm expecting a similar thing this cycle which would make the timing right. Last month I think I O'd at CD14-15 because I had 4 days of CM and a couple of twinges. I took the vitex all through my cycle last month, but this month I'm going to try only taking it up until I think I've O'd to see how I go. I've read a lot of medical websites on the herb that suggest it can actually increase your chances of miscarriage and as I've had a couple of chemical pregnancies in the past i'm nervous about risking it. We'll see if it works. I just didn't know if it was possible to conceive a day after O if the pains indicated the O itself...

I'm a T/paper checker re CM checking leasha!! I hadn't been temping this month because I've been really sick (tummy bug, vertigo, headaches etc - i thought I may have finally done it, but the hpt was a BFN ) and just didn't think we'd come good in time to do any BDing in time haha. We managed to just sneak one in haha. If no luck this time, I'm going to look into some OPKs from lullaby I think.

Hahahaha, I am too. Actually I am an obsessive fertility checker... the clinic asks me to temp and gives me OPKs, I check my CM and also cervix position... We also have scans which kind of defeats the purpose of all of that since we can SEE whats happening, but anyway...

Good luck!!!!!