Thread: One last Q before my ban...if you hadn't had AF for 9 weeks...

Default One last Q before my ban...if you hadn't had AF for 9 weeks...

Would you go to the doctors or continue riding it out. I cannot get in to see my FS until the 30th of July, so I'm not sure whether seeing my GP would do any good? What could they do, anyway? I'm just SO over this cycle, 9 weeks is a long time between drinks. I'm 99% sure I'm not utd, I haven't o'ed, and my chart is totally flat. I'll poas in the next couple of days,but I've had like a million negs so far. I guess, has this happened to you, and what would you do? Do you think it's overdramatic to go the docs?

Last edited by PumpkinZulu; July 14th, 2010 at 11:07 PM.

I'd get myself to a Chinese Herbalist... A good one.

From what I can gather and from my own (meagre) experience, doctors know very very little about reproductive systems - time to head to some more tried and true practices I think. And I would probably see and iridologist if I were in your situation, they are amazing what they can tell you.

ETA: Will message you tomorrow on FB, have something for you
    Last edited by LimeSlice; July 14th, 2010 at 11:12 PM. Reason: sp

Go hun, even if they cant do anything it will put your mind a bit more at ease knowing you have gone, yes?
    (beware they will tell you the following: weight loss/gain, stress, fluctuating eating habits, sickness, and a list a mile long is what is probably causing it... but if you're lucky they may send you for blood tests...)

Gah, yes that is true...I wish I could see my FS sooner. Limey, got some recommendations? They are pretty exxy, but I have seen through BB how much they really do work and help. And seeing as assited conception is looming in the future as a more and more likely possibility, we'll have to start spending the big $$ at some point anyways. *Sigh* off to Dr. Google I go to look for TCM guys and ways of starting my next cycle haha.

Not in Melbourne I am affraid

But they are well worth the money. Perhaps start with some accupuncture? I am sure there are plenty of ladies on here that can point you in the direction of some excellent practitioners.

ETA: Do you have private health insurancE? Extras Cover? Probably a good idea to get some, most don't even have 2 or 6 month waiting periods these days, and you can have all sorts of 'alternative' therapies covered by PHI these days, there are really fabulous.

I have a great ap in Melbourne. She will even come in on public holidays and Sundays to assist with ivf tf. (no extra cost) She also does herbs but I don't take them.

Pm me if u want the details.

Do you have pcos Hun? This may indicate why your cycle is so long. I had no cycle for 9 mths once for no reason although I know mine are more irregular without ap or when I have a lot on.

I'm on my phone at the moment so not the best with nav though bb on it.

Oh to add I claim my ap on my tax not on phi.

Quote Originally Posted by Loula View Post
    Oh to add I claim my ap on my tax not on phi.
    Gate crashing Punky, hope you don't mind.
    Loula, why is it/ how can you claim ap through tax?

My tax person says I can claim it as I use it for a medical condition with a referal from my fs

I'd like to know too, don't worry CBG haha. Ahh I'm banned soon though :S I'll stay on as long as possible to find out

ETA, posted at the same time!

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind if needed. Thanks

One minute to go Punky

Can't hurt to go to the doctor.. I went without mine for a year once and when I get them they aren't 'regular' length cycles. Still don't know what the go is with that? Checked me for pcos on 2 different occasions - one scan said likely the other said not likely??? Had blood tests for thyroid and other hormonal stuff as well - all fine.

I hear you on all the negative poas. They must make some money out of us! For us TTC #1 took 15 months, #2 took 2yrs & 9months and then a 'surprise' BFP when DS was 8 months old (Due next month) DH was tested and had very low everything - count, motility etc.. Just wanted to let you know even if things don't seem 'normal' it can all still work. xoxo
    Last edited by Mrs Jak; July 15th, 2010 at 01:17 AM.