Thread: Ovulating every second cylce?

Default Ovulating every second cylce?

I'm wondering if it's possible that I might ovulate only every second cycle? I started temping this month and all the way through my temps have been between 36.1 and 36.3 (I'm on CD 18, due to O around 12-13), but when I used the OPK on days 10-11 I got definite positives and I also had ferning up until day 12 then it stopped. Is it possible to get all of the positive signs and then no O? If it is then maybe I haven't been Oing at all and not known it because I haven't been temping? I haven't really had any other symptoms apart from a bit of O-type cramping but maybe that was my imagination. I had the same thing (few symptoms) in Dec too which is why I thought maybe it only happens every second cycle.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Yes it is. Your ovaries generally alternate ... one this month, one the next month. Do you feel that you are ovulating on just one side or has it been a different side each time?

That would make perfect sense then, I only ever feel O pain on the right side, never anything on the left, why didn't I think of that?!?!? Thanks so much Melbo. Do you happen to know if it's something that can be treated?

Hi again,

I think it's worth having a chat to your doctor about what you've noticed with your cycle. Maybe get them to investigate for you and see if they can correct it. Best of luck!

Kind regards,

Mel