Thread: Ovulation Pain

Default Ovulation Pain

Hi everyone,
    Nearly a week into being a newbie to this site.

Last O day came along and I felt the usual pain, this time on my left side (other 2 months been on the right). The only difference being that this pain stayed for 4 more days. I told my friend who is a nurse and she said that its possible I could have had a type of pregnancy that grows onthe outside of the tube and its quite dangerous and next time if the pain goes past 1 day go straight to the my GP.

If anyone else has experienced this please share with me!
    Bella1 xoxoxo

I'm sure your friend is just being cautious but many women, myself included, have ovulation pain that lasts more than one day.
    Three days is normal for me and on the cycle that I conceived on I had 4 days of pains.

yeah I know she would be saying it to be cautious, but she said I should just get it checked out if it happens again - just be on the safe side. It would put my mind at ease also I think.
    x fingers it all goes ok next time
    Thanks Sammi-J

JoDan Guest

I always get pains - almost period like - when I am around ovulation, and it lasts for 3-4days.

My pain is on one side or the other and its a constant stitch like pain - its a real pain

Bella,

O pain is quite normal - I get it for a few days.. I was pg last year and had an ectopic pregnancy (it was in my tube) and I had no pain at all. So if you have had af and the pain is around O time, I wouldnt panic.

Good luck, hope your ttc journey is short and sweet

Lisa

Yep, I had O pain for three or four days on my last cycle - my first since coming off the pill. It was a lot like AF pain, but not as severe as what I get with AF.

I'm another who always gets O pain. Mine is quite severe but that only lasts for about a day - I tend to have niggles for a few days afterwards.

If you are concerned get it checked out - woman's intuition is a wonderful thing - but I would probably let it go for a while.

Hi
    I get O pains sometimes and most times not. But one time I had such a severe O pain I was doubled over and couldn't breathe. I felt like someone had stuck a knife in my right ovary for a few seconds. The intense pain eased and was replaced with a haunting shadow of the pain. DH was away at the time and I was worried that I'd blown my appendix. The pain stayed with me for four days and gradually eased away. Asked my FS about it next time I saw him and he said:

"Why do some women get O pain? Why do some women just suddenly get O pain after never having O pain before? Why do some women always have O pain on one side even when it is the other ovary that is ovuluating? We just don't know. It's one of life's mysteries"

(My FS is a scream!)

Hi girls,

Thanks heaps for you shared thoughts and opinion. None of my friends get this pain, so its good to talk to others. 8 days to O day so will let you know how it goes. I just hope its on my right side this time as that is the really painful pain free side

Have a lovley day all.

Good luck anyone testing soon or DTD