Thread: Ovulation Pain...

Default Ovulation Pain...

I am having BT's to track O, and I have had sharp pains in my pelvis today.
    How long does ovulation pain last before eggs are released? Is it the egg releasing that causes pain, or is it leading up to the eggs being released that causes the pain?
    I am guessing i am very close.
    I am a bit over having my arms jabbed and bruised and dreading more BT's.

gobble-gobble Guest

I had sharp pains on CD13, they were really intense and didnt throb, it was just a constant pain. I think it lasted for about 1-1.5 hours. I wasnt too sure what it was, but my workmate said she suffers from O pain and she was pretty certain that was what I was feeling.
    im not too sure what the pain has to do with the timing (like if it is before, during or after Oing) but FF thinks I O'd on CD14, which suggests I had the pain before O'ing.

Ally, sorry i can't be of more help but i'm pretty sure i get o pain the day i o. Hopefully you won't have to be jabbed and bruised much longer

Hi Ally,
    Apparently "Ovulation Pains" or mittelschmertz varies from person to person. I know thats probably not what you wanted to hear.
    It can be a small pain that you may feel near your lower stomach or ovary around the time of ovulation. Although it doesnt always happen then. It may happen up to a few days before, during or soon after ovulation.

Good Luck

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Ally, I had ovulation pains last cycle. I had a positive on an OPK in the morning and then had O pains at tea time that night, so at a guess I would say just prior or around the time that you actually release the egg! HTH babe!

I have always had O pains the day of ovulation. But i imagine everyone is different... you catch that eggie!

Thanks girls. I got a call from the clinic late this arvo, and need to go have another BT tomorrow morning, and possibly Friday. Hopefully I have O'd by the weekend. I know i sound like a sook, but I dont think my arms can take anymore!!!

Elly,
    My pain is different to the other girls, having pcos, and as i usually dont actually release an egg, just get a cyst, and the pain for me is like my cervix and just above it is getting a going over with a corkscrew (sorry for the phrasing of it girls, but the pain is so bad, i cannot even sit properly, and feel like i need a haemmoroid (sp?) ring pillow, and have to take painkillers.
    However, this pregnancy, on the day i ovulated, i got that pain, but much much worse, so bad, i had panedein forte, hot water bottles,and could only lie on the lounge curled into the foetal position in tears. My hubby wanted to take me to emergency at the hospital, but with the 3 littlies at home getting ready for bed, i said no. The pain lasted from about 5pm, right through till about 12am when i fell asleep. Next day, i still had the pain, but much much less, and it carried on that way for another day or two. Luckily, DH and i DTD 2 days before I O, so we just caught the eggie.
    Fingers crossed you dont need any more jabs in the arm after this next one hun,

12bliss Guest

wow lil aussie thats terrible for ovulation pain, I have PCOS but i have never had ovulation pain (i wasnt ovulating) before my last cycle of clomid, i had the pains the day before suspected ovulation and it was a little painful but not agonising for me. good luck to you

Todays BT revealed that I am getting CLOSE to O, so in again tomorrow morning for last BT fingers crossed. So It has been interesting...had pain in pelvis, feeling extremely tired for two days. So i guess O pain for me is before releasing the egg!!
    I am guessing FET with take place on Mon or Tue...Not long now YAY!!!

Smile O pain

Hi ,

just wondering what type of pain you might get at ovulation time - i had implanon removed after 41/2 years so i cant really remember, I am now having a dull type ache that was on my right side last night and this morning but it has kind of moved to my left side now ??????

Hi Meegm! Sounds as though it could be o pain. I usually get a dull ache, in both pelvis and back. Then some sharp pain along with it, usually worse on moving. HTH!!

THank you

i thought it may be that....... i hope so anyway....... this will be my first ovulation since coming off implanon......... and i am very impatient hehehehehehe

it suks that you only ovulate once a month......

Quote Originally Posted by meegm

it suks that you only ovulate once a month......
    I Know! A Month is waaaaayy too long !! Good luck with your TTC journey, hope its a shorty!!!

Thank you - Hope yours is too ...