Thread: Ovulation pain

Default Ovulation pain

Bit of history.. I was diagnosed with PCO after my cycle completely disappeared for about 10 months. Was put on Metformin, which was successful in establishing a cycle, and I was pg on the 2nd cycle. AF returned 3 months after having the baby, and I've never had such textbook cycles! admittedly a bit longer than 28 days, but I can confidently say I'm ovulating and AF is always 14 days later. Yay!

But I've been getting really bad ovulation pains.. to the point of having to take painkillers. I can't take much, coz of breastfeeding, so just pop some panadol, or sometimes panadeine. Are ovulation pains like this normal? Could it be related to my cystic ovaries? Or is this how my periods would have been without pco?

Any advice is appreciated

Default ovulation pain???

Does anyone suffer from ovulation pain?
    Early last week i went to bed with a bit of a sore belly (like period pain) and when i woke it was so sore, i had to have the day off work, whilst i lay down with my knees up (the only position that relieved it a bit). it felt mainly on my left side, however when i pressed my tummy in it felt very tender all over, especially under my belly button.
    By the time i went to the doctors at lunch it had subsided, and it only felt tender to press in. the doctor didn't know what it was. i have never had anything like this before and was wondering if this sounded like ovulation pain.
    i thought it was around 'o' time but then I calculated Af for yesterday/today but haven't got them yet, so i am wondering if it could've been o time a week before AF is due.?

Hi Bou,
    I had pains like this on Monday, it was so weird? I am not sure if it is O though?

Are you temping?

SAM

I get O pain but it's not as severe as that and I think mine is a little higher up. I've only noticed it since I've started to temp and both times it's been on my left side. Last time it went for a couple of hours - this time for a whole day. Lets' hope this is a lucky cycle for all three of us.

i am temping, but didn't do it this month as i went away on holidays for a week and messed it up, but will resume this time round. Af came a few days late, so i'm thinking it was o pain..sounds very similar.

I get O pain and that sounds exactly like it. My last cycle was so bad and it lasted for 2 days. When I get the pain, FF seems to pick up O the next day or two according to my temps, so the pain isn't on the exact day of O IYKWIM..
    My tummy gets tender to touch and it is mainly on one side. I feel as though I can't stand up straight.
    Best of luck TTC.

I always know when I'm ovulating because of the pain in my abdomen. I would be in pain for a couple of days, like a stabbing feeling, and couldn't stand up straight. It was pretty horrible, but then, a great sign of ovulating.