Thread: Period and still pregnant?

Default Period and still pregnant?

I was talking to a girl I work with this week who said she got a period for the first 6 months she was pregnant..t was just like a usual period but she was in fact pregnant. Is she having me on and maybe was just spotting or can this actually happen. SHe seemed serious but not sure what to think.

Yes it can happen to some women. Something about a specific hormone not being strong enough to tell the body not to mensturate. Some people can even get it right up until they give birth.

Thanx Tegan I honestly thought she was having a lend of me I had no idea this coudl happen. I guess you wouldnt know you were pregnant until some very physical signs appeared.

Yep, very true! I'm the result of that very thing. My mother literally spent almost all of her pregnancy in bed with me, with full-on AF style bleeding each and every month.

I'm also a spotter and my medical records show varying amounts of bleeding at almost regular intervals with all of my pregnancies to date, including Zac who I lost at 15 weeks 4 days from a totally unrelated cause.

Lisa