Thread: please need advice asap

Default please need advice asap

I got a BFP on my ovulation test today.......tested at 10am. have been cramping all day so far like i have a stitch. So just did the groceries with DS and just got home and did another test again and the line wasnt as dark what doest this mean? DP is at work and i have told him to get home at 3pm as soon as he finishes teaching (will have to find something for DS to do for 10/15 minutes) Im thinking about BD'ing this arvo and tonight and tomorrow night......what do you guys think......this is doing my head in this month.........please help me i dont want to miss the timing.........help

Sal Guest

bd asap!!

goldilocks Guest

Hi TommyGirl!

I haven't used OPK's myself (bought a pack of 20 to use next month but got a BFP before I got to use any! ) but from what I've read you should be ovulating very soon. From my understanding, you ovulate within 24-48 hours of receiving a positive OPK. If your second positive is fainter, wouldn't that mean that you're even closer to ovulating?

After you do ovulate, I think you have 12-24 hours to fertilise the egg. But it's better to have DH's little swimmers already there, waiting for the egg

Last cycle I had ovulation cramps on the day BEFORE ovulation ie. I was cramping on CD14 and ovulated (and conceived) on CD15.

I agree with Sal, BD now now NOW!!!

Best of luck TommyGirl and I'm keeping everything crossed that you catch the little eggie this month

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

thank you im waiting for DP right now he should walk in anytime now....

Well I hope your busy at it girl!!!! Good Luck!

Dp on way home from school...due in any minute.

I agree with the others :LOL:
    Get BDing now!! :P
    And good luck catching that eggie

Hi there,
    I had a giggle at your post... By now I imagine the wild thing is a happening at your house!!!!! ROFL!!!

I don't think you need to be in too much of a panic though... Just to make you feel a little better....

You got a positive today that means that most likely sometime within the next 12-24 hours you will ovulate. The fact that you got a slightly lighter line the next time you tested shows that you have had the surge that is necessary for the release of your egg.

The best chance of fertilising an egg is when you bd before ovulation and on ovulation. Once ovulation has occured the egg fizzes out within about 12 hours (give or take). It is obviously possible to conceive after ovulation but if you only did the bd after ovulation your chances of conception are much less. You however have every chance of catching that egg if this month is to be YOUR month (iykwim) If you bd tonight and then again tomorrow morning you are giving nature every chance of doing the right thing by you
    The object is to get nice fresh healthy up there waiting for that !!!!

I am sending lots of babydust. I hope so much that this is your month

Hugs to you

Goodluck TG I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Hope you catch that

Tommygirl - you better be catching that egg.

well what an afternoon i have had...........

Dp was suppose to come home at 3pm but didnt get home till 3.30pm andi had to be at work by 4pm. So i set DS up in front of the cartoons and as soon as DP opened the front door i snuck him into the bedroom so DS wouldnt see him. I told him we have 10 mins max so get going..... it was so funny DS knocked on the door but i told him we were discussing his party that will be on sunday........all this while trying to concentrate on DP. So its all done DP is laughing at me, telling me that 15mins ago he was sending a kid to the office(hes a teacher) and getting up him now he is buck naked with a 6 year old calling out to him while im finding clothes to get dressed so i can go to work..............how romantic! gee life is funny. thanks for all your last minute help i paniced at bit there. its hard to know what it all means...well going to BD again tonight and Again 7am tomorrow and tomorrow night if that doesnt do it then DP is getting tested. thanks girls i appreciate your help. TG
    Last edited by tommygirl; May 11th, 2006 at 07:48 PM.

goldilocks Guest

LOL Tommygirl!!!

The things we do to make a baby, huh! So funny that your DS was knocking on the door

Well, it sounds like you are doing absolutely everything right and I'm sure you'll catch that sneaky little eggie this month.

I'm keeping my for you!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

thanks goldilocks.....
    yeah im still cramping a bit today feel like i have heart burn. I had a temp rise this morning from 35.9 to 36.3. So i think thats good. We BDed 3.30pm yesterday arvo, 10pm last night, and i woke DP this morning at 6.30am. So Im sure i have done all the right things i even gave a coffee to DP last night before the 10pm one as a friend told me that the guy should have some caffeine before BDing.....look im willing to try anything at this point .....as you can clearly see by my posts. If i fall this month we can announce it at our engagement party in AUG.....so i am hoping so much its our month. Got a BFN on ovulation test today, so will just BD tonight and i think thats all i can do now......ohh that TWW i hate it. thanks for you posts.