Thread: PMS symptoms if pg?

Aquariangypsii Guest

Default PMS symptoms if pg?

Good Evening,

Just wondering if you still get PMS symptoms such as bloated stomache and tender breasts, mood swings etc if you are pg. A bloated stomache is a sure sign for me that the witch is on her way, and it starts not long after 'O'. If I were to fall pg would it not bloat at all or would it still bloat but go away after af was due?

A strange question I know, but it is something I always wonder about during the 2WW (which is on its way).

Thanks for your help!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hey Tammy

Actually it can be really hard to tell if your pregnant early on or just experiencing PMS!! I was/am bloated, have sore bb's, eating everything in sight!!All the normal signs that af is on her way.The only thing that gave it away for me that I was pregnant, was cramping at about 7 dpo.

As Kirsty has said it is hard to tell if you are pg just by getting PMS like symptoms. It can differ from person to person. I suffered PMS type symptoms with this pg when AF was due.

Good luck hopefully you will be announcing your BFP in the next week or so.

Aquariangypsii Guest

At the moment I am still waiting to 'O', so hopefully we catch that little eggie this time! [-o< I was just curious.

Is it true that you "just know" when you are pg?

I don't think women "just know" - some probably do, I certainly didn't. With my first pg I had a suspicion around time AF was due, only because I noticed my boobs had developed stretch marks, but even then I didn't actually think I was pg. With second, I had no symptoms whatsoever, which is normal anyway, but I was sure I wasn't pg until I got the BFP. For me, the only way of "knowing" you are pg is to get a positive on a HPT or BT! Gotta have that evidence.

Bon

Aquariangypsii Guest

Hmmm, thanks - that's good to know. My Mum told me she "just Knew" when she was pregnant with me but in saying that she never took a pregnancy test - she just knew. Then her belly got bigger and she went to the doctor when she was about 5 month pg. So I'm not sure at what stage she "just knew", I think it was 2 weeks after AF was due she figured it out.

It would be nice to "just know" at time of conception, to take all the guess work and anxiety out of the TTW, but I guess that would just be no fun :boggle:

I think by the time AF was two weeks late most of us would probably think we were pregnant too! But when TTC you don't wait that long, because we just need to know! It would be nice to just know when you conceived and to have that certainty, but that would be too easy!!

Bon

hi all, im new to the forum. i knew straight away with my first ut now im trying for bub no 2 its taking me ages to fall. Bub no 1 i went off the pill and 2 weeks later i was vomitting every morning. This time around i have been trying for 5months and still no result. I started takig vitex at the end of my last period which was january 31st 06. so we will see if that helps me out and makes my periods a bit more regular. My last cycle was over 40 days i was 3 weeks late but not pregnant. So i have no idea when om ovulating. Hubby and i have just done it 17 days straight so i gave him the night off last night in preperation to start tonight so we can do it the whole week.........im a bit over it. Im too bust to do the whole charting and temp thing so we just have to hope luck is on our side. thanks for listening and if you have any help or suggestions throw them my way.
    cheers
    TG \/

Aquariangypsii Guest

Hi Tommygirl,

I found that ovulation test are a great way to take the guess work out of timing BD'ing. I don't know if you have used them previously but you can buy them on the internet for around $1.80 / test, or at a chemist or supermarket (at a high price). That way even though you are not temping you will still have an idea of when you are 'O'. They are pretty basic to use and you should get the hang of it in no time!

Best of luck and hope all your efforts pay off !!! :bdust: dust: