Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible?

Default Is it possible?

I have originally posted this on another thread but i thought i'd ask the question myself.

I'm new here so bare with me regarding the acronym's.

I've just started TTC and i get ovulation cramps each month and spot on 14 days later AF visits. This month I DTD and noticed afterwards what i can only assume was CM. 1.5 days later i got cramps so i'm assuming that was OV but i'm not sure if i could have caught the egg wih the BD 1.5 days beforehand. I also DTD the day after OV cramps (wasn't possible on the actual day) so not even sure if that is a chance of catching it.
    All so technical really and sorry if my acronym's make absolutely no sense.

Hi Snowchickie,

Sounds like you may have caught the eggie if you did in fact O when you thought you did. can survive for up to 4 days and the egg is viable for 24hrs after O.

O pains aren't always reliable for detecting O. I would totally recommend temping, doing CM observations and possibly even using OPKs. (I did all of these.) One thing to watch is that if you're checking CM after BD just make sure that what you're observing isn't DH's leftovers. I've found they can hang around for 12-24hrs.

Good luck HTH

hhhmmmm interesting. Since about DPO2 I've had cramps or a dull ache in either one side of my lower tummy or evenly across. The cramps lasted till DPO4 then stopped. On several days i've felt like i was getting AF but nothing. I'm DPO8 now and yesterday DPO7 i again had cramping again. It's not a real painful but just enough to feel uncomfortable and notice its there, and just reminds me of AF on it's way.
    I've also had alot of dizziness. Not sure if it's related but i woke up a day or two ago with sore gums. I had originally put the dizziness down to my back being out, but i saw my physio who sorted out my back, but it's still continued so not sure if back or something else. No other symptoms.
    This 2WW is a shocker. I'm not sure if i'm just grasping at symptoms here. I wouldn't have thought i would be lucky enough to catch the eggie the first month of TTC.

I conceived one cycle after DTD 3 days prior to O so it is certainly possible. Implantation wouldn't happen until probably at least 7DPO so any cramping before that would be associated with Oing. Very few women experience dizziness that early in pregnancy but it I guess it is possible. I haven't heard of sore gums being a pregnancy symptom but bleeding gums certainly is.... I had them from week 3 of this pregnancy. You never know some people do get lucky first try.

We thought the same thing but it happened 1st month for us with 1st preg, and 2nd month ttc this time. The dizziness is a positive sign, I had mild nausea from 6DPO. There are HPTs which say you can test at 10DPO if you use 1st wee of the day, which means you could test on Friday! Keep in mind though that even if it is negative it doesn't mean you're not UTD, and test again a couple of days later.

With both my pregs I knew at least 3 days before AF was due!

Ah the fun of the waiting. Today is DPO9. 5 more days to go. Not feeling anything new and no other symptoms so guess not much else i can do but wait and see. I'm not going to tempt fate and trying testing tomorrow. I'll wait and see if AF comes on Tuesday and go from there. I've never ever been pate a LP of 14days so should be a sign if AF doesn't arrive. Positive thinking never hurt no one though. I'd be so very very happy if it were true and i'm not imaging things.

hey snowchickie,
    its hard not to imagine symptoms when your ttc'ing, trust me!! lol
    Have you tested today?
    Like dee73 said even if neg, you may still be UTD but to early to detect, like you said next tue should help you know whats going on.
    Keep us updated.
    p.s your acronyms are good lol

Have not tested. Going to wait till DPO15 and see what happens. Don't want to get ahead of myself IYKWIM

Today i'm DPO15 and no AF. Confusing thing is I would have bet money yesterday that AF was not far away. I also had AF cramps on Monday. I'm confused now. I was that convinced that she was on her way yesterday I even went to the gym last night but this morning still nothing.
    What on earth are the cramps then if it's not AF????
    Very confusing..

Snowchickie - you can get cramps in early pregnancy. You can also get the feeling that AF is about to knock on your door, yet she doesn't come and it can feel like she's coming for days but still no AF, because you very well may be UTD. Cramps can be your uterus stretching (if you are pregnant that is) Do a HPT with FMU - good luck!!!

Normally when AF is on her way, i swell like you wouldn't believe. I mean, i look 6 months pregnant. So it's VERY obvious and the cramps just top the whole experience off. But my belly is the same bloated way it's been for weeks. I'm kinda too scared, if that sounds ridiculous considering deliberately TTC, to test yet.. I will wait and see what happens today and maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow is my last day of work before xmas break so i'll hang out till then. I'm always on time with AF or early, never late. So it's certainly giving me more hope.

Is it common to be more hungry if you UTD, even at the very early stage?? I have noticed last week or so I'm more hungry than normal and i'm getting ALOT of indigestion which is up under my diaphram. Even after dinner i'm hungry.. Don't know if it's been me worrying or if something else.

You can get rather hungry in early pregnancy, i definitely was when i was UTD in Nov... because as soon as your body starts producing hcg, it is working overtime hence you are using more energy, even just sitting still! so yes, you can get hungrier... some people do early on and others get hungrier after 5weeks or so, it just depends on each person and each pregnancy. I would do a test if i were you, with FMU. GL!
    and yes you can get indigestion too! thats a pregnancy sign!

Go and do a test honey! Let us know how it goes!
    All the best.

Ok i have decided that I'm going to get a HPT tomorrow and see what is says. I'll try in afternoon and just see if it works. Otherwise I'll try again with FMU maybe on Saturday. Still no AF and don't even feel like it's on the way anymore. Just have indigestion and the occasional twinge.

oooo have you tested today??

Snowchickie, you are a more patient person then me! If I think there is a chance that I'm PG I have to know. I understand your reasons I just know I can't stand the wait. Best wishes for a BFP

ok i tested about 45 minutes ago and BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and hubby have just sat in the lounge room completely shocked.. The second line came up in a matter of a few seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG.

I can't stop smiling but at the same time cannot believe it's true!!!!!!!

Congratulations Snowchickie!!!!!! Fantastic news. I was reading your thread and really thought you would be pregnant from what it looked like so....

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast