Thread: Is it possible not to ovulate?

Default Is it possible not to ovulate?

Hi everone,

I have usually ovulated between CD11 - CD16 and although its only CD15 I still haven't got a +tive OPK and am starting to worry.

Is it possible not to Ovulate in 1 cycle???

It certainly is possible. It's also not even an indication that something is wrong unless it starts happening consistently.

I know it is frustrating while TTC, but it is normal for women to have the occasional anovulatory cycle. It's also possible to ovulate without ever seeing a +ve OPK.

BW

It certainly is possible. And until this cycle when I am trying a different OPK, I personally had NEVER seen anything resembling a second line on a OPK.

Remember too that we don't necessarily ovulate on the same days each cycle. Many things can affect our cycles, even things which we aren't aware of, or which we don't believe affect us personally.

You can also show all of the signs of leading up to O, including + OPK's and STILL not actually pop the egg.

Hang in there.

Lisa

Yes absolutely possible to not ovulate in a cycle (which is an annovulatory cycle) or maybe you will just ovulate very late.

The cycle I had before the one that we conceived this baby, I had a 50 something day cycle and didn't ovulate until nearly day 40.

I have always been a 29 day girl, regular as clockwork and this had NEVER happened before, I've been charting for years. Threw me for a loop to say the least.
    The following cycle was back to normal and we conceived that month.

Flea,

Interesting about your cycle being so long. I am currently 44 days have sore bb's but keep testing and getting bfn's. I am in two minds about going to gp b/c I am unsure of what she can so for me or should I just wait - what did you so?

I did OPKs in the cycle when I fell pregnant with Milo, and I did not get a sincle positive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jooleshere
    Flea,

Interesting about your cycle being so long. I am currently 44 days have sore bb's but keep testing and getting bfn's. I am in two minds about going to gp b/c I am unsure of what she can so for me or should I just wait - what did you so?
    I had made an appointment with my gyno because I was really starting to freak out, this was soooo out of whack for me.
    And wouldn't you know it AF turned up the day before the appointment
    I was going to ask him to run some basic hormone tests because we were just about to start TTC and I wanted it sorted out asap, but turned out it was just one of those things and then everything went back to normal the next month.
    Perhaps give it another week or so and see what happens?
    I drove myself crazy testing as well, bfn's all the time so I was totally stumped!

Thanks for responding Flea.

Nice to know that I am not only one that felt cuckoo.

I have made an appt with GP for next Monday, so either AF will show up or GP will give me some advice.

Thanks again

Julia

Hi Bella, I used OPK's one month when TTC DS. Never got a +. The next cycle I conceived.