thread: Pregnancy after implanon removed?

Aug 2012
    Canberra

Smile Pregnancy after implanon removed?

Hiya all,

I have never had my periods while on implanon but did have a miscarrige while on it.

I had it removed on Thursday and I had unprotected sex the night before it was removed without thinking. (as well as a few nights before that too... )

I have read on a few places that women can ovulate straight away after having it taken out due to it only takes 24 hours to exit the system.

Would there be a chance that someone could conceive that way? Has that happened to anyone?

Thanks

Add SeppyM on Facebook

Jul 2011
    Melbourne

I'm not sure about DTD before it was taken out, but I got pregnant straight away after having it removed, I hadn't had a period yet... HTH

Aug 2012
    Canberra

how long did you have yours in before you had it removed?

Add SeppyM on Facebook

Jul 2011
    Melbourne

It would've been 2 yrs that I had it in, and before that I was on the pill for a few years. However I didn't take the implanon out with the intention of becoming pregnant, it was because I had started to sporadically spot, and my sex drive was below 0

Aug 2012
    Canberra

Oh okay, that it about the same time I had it in. I had mine for 2 years and a half. I had 0 sex drive too!!! Drove me nuts.

Some people say that the longer you have had it in for, the longer it takes to ovulate, but I think that might be incorrect, it must all depend on the person themself