Thread: Probably stupid question about swimmer testing.

Default Probably stupid question about swimmer testing.

Hi,
    This is probably a stupid question, we have been TTC #2 for a year now, and want to get DP's swimmers tested, can anyone tell me do we just go to the GP for this? It seems to me that we do, but just want to make sure from people who know

Thanks

Yep just go and talk to your GP.

I had to drop the sample off at the pathologist (DH was embarressed) and we got the results from the GP two days later..

Keep in mind that you may need to do two tests and apparently the swimmers can have good and bad days

Ha ha ha, really? Swimmers can have good and bad days? That is brilliant. Thanks so much for the reply.

i had DF's tested about 5 months ago, not so good results, but at least we knew the problem! just asked gp also get his testosterone tested, it doesnt hurt to rule that out either! he has to abstain for at least 3 days and take the sample down to pathology within an hour so best to ring before hand, thats what we did, it cost us $330 though, i dont know about your situation but medicare didnt cover it unfortunately good luck! also put him on menevit we did and 3 months later a natural pregnancy! oh and premature ejaculation can also cause big problems.

Medicare covered our test, it was bulk billed which was great We actually went down to the pathology and did it there - it's pretty hard to embarrass DH, but he walked out with a definite blush!

Both of our tests were also covered by medicare. Just had to pay for the DR's appointment

Ha ha, thanks for the replies everyone. DP got given 3 tests, apparently he has to give 3 samples and take them in within half an hour!! I will be sitting in the car with it running waiting for him to...eh hem, complete his sample then race off to make sure we get there quick enough I'm thinking I might try him on Menevit, can't hurt! The abstaining for 3 days while you're trying to get pregnant is also a pain! Especially since they want 3 tests! That's 9 days! Oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do I guess...thanks all for the responses

I would highly recommend Menevit as well. Three months after starting we got our BFP and DH's squirmies were pretty dodgy.

Good Luck!

i just put my dh on a good mens multi vit.. it has all the good stuff in it.. zinc is the main one. the lady at my healthfood shop recommended this one.
    im still waiting on my bfp but it hasn't been very long yet.. fingers crossed.

let us know how u go! we all love to hear you got that BFP!