Thread: Question

Question Question

Hey Ladies,

How are we all doing?? hopefully getting lots of

Ok this is my Question, Do i as a ttc-er for 3yrs have a right to be devasted, hurt,angry and feeling like a failure when my AF arrives and it hits that yet again another month of trying and hoping that this would be our month for , if i already have a child??

As there have been a few friends of ours who have made comments like " oh whats your problem you already have one" and " Dont let it get to ya, you've got chloe"

Now yeah i do have chloe and she is truely my angel sent from above, without her i would be lost i have been so blessed and feel so lucky to have finally got her, after 3yrs of ttc and 2 miscarriages, but in saying that The hurt and pain of ttc with chloe is nearly the exact feeling i have this time round, yeah i have chloe but in away i am angry with my body as i fell pregnant once, why arent i falling pregnant again and this time it is taking me even longer, not to mention i was falling pregnant but kept miscarrying whilst ttc with chloe but my body hasnt concieved a baby since june 2001, so hell yeah i am devasted, hurt, angry and feeling like a failure.

so what do you think do ttc 'vre's have a right to feel like this if they already have a child/ren???

Of course you have a right to feel the way you do about it. You have a plan in your head of how many children you want and ATM, you aren't getting them. I really hope that you do fall pg again and have a happy and healthy little baby again.

Penny,
    Yes TTCers with children have absolutely the right to feel the pain they are feeling. Suffering is suffering, and you shouldn't have to justify your feelings to anyone.

to you and I hope you get your BFP and another happy and healthy little babe soon.

Penny - :hugs: you go ahead and feel whatever you want to. My friend has 2 healthy boys and now she wants number 3 but DH's sperm quality has reduced and she only has 1 ovary and conception is very difficult for them. She is devasted and her MIL (who has 6 kids) tells her all the time to be happy and not to feel upset (although is puts it in a harsh way). All she wants is a hug and not silly comments like that.

All the best with TTC, may you be blessed soon

Hey

Thanks so much for replying

I feel a little better after reading your post's and i agree with you marydean i shouldnt have to justify my feelings

Bekz your poor dear friend, my heart goes out to her

thank you sherie,Marydean and bekz for your very lovely and kind post i to hope i will be getting my soon and you will be the first to know

You girls have no idea how better you have made me feel, i know i have already said it but thanks soooooo much

Hey guys

I'm a LT TTC-er with no kids.

I think you totally have a right to feel the hurt, disappointment, grief, etc. Absolutely!

I would prefer to have one rather than none, of course...BUT that doesn't mean that those with 1 or 2 or 8 kids, shouldn't have dreams, hopes, desires and expectations for the exact number of kids they want...and then be allowed to grieve if those hopes get dashed, month-by-month...

That's like saying you should be happy with 1 leg, not 2.

Let's all hope we get a BFP very soon!

You so have the right to feel the way you do. I know I certainly feel like that and I have 3 gorgeous angels to hug and hold. Just because we have children it doesn't mean we feel less pain and/or anger when we lose one. Or less pain when AF turns up when we are so desparately trying to have another one. Someone said to me the other day when talking of my last loss (haven't seen the person for a very long time and they didn't know) that I had 3 lovelies and she was sure I was leaving it at that now! I didn't reply because I knew the words that would come out of my mouth would not have been good ones.

So you are not alone. Believe me, there are hundreds of us out here.
    Big hug to you,
    Debbie